Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 2549 times)

Brainless

« on: December 15, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »

Hello everybody,

I'm 50 years old and in perimenopause. I have spent quite some time reading around the forum and am hoping for some advice about VA. I am using oestrogen cream and a moisturiser at the moment but although it has helped I'm still struggling with soreness/split skin etc ::) I'm wondering what else I can I do. Has anybody had success/side effects with estring? I can't find much information about it.

Annie0710

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »

You need either vagifem, estring or ovestin down/up there to take these symptoms away

I use vagifem as it's clean, easy and disposable.  I use ovestin if I get sore externally

If I didn't have such meh pelvic floor muscles I'd try estring for the easiness of only changing every few months x

Brainless

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:23:42 PM »

Thank you for replying Annie.

I'm using Ovestin both inside and out and a moisturiser but the skin is still very sore and splitting which is why I'm beginning to look into the estring. Unfortunately I haven't managed to find much information on it but I hadn't considered pelvic floor muscles affecting it. I have rectocele, cystocele and uterine prolapse so that might rule it out? I haven't tried vagifem yet which seems to be very popular going by the many messages I've read here. I would love to know if anyone has any other ideas

Brainless

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »

Perhaps I should have put this in private lives :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »

Thank you for replying Annie.

I'm using Ovestin both inside and out and a moisturiser but the skin is still very sore and splitting which is why I'm beginning to look into the estring. Unfortunately I haven't managed to find much information on it but I hadn't considered pelvic floor muscles affecting it. I have rectocele, cystocele and uterine prolapse so that might rule it out? I haven't tried vagifem yet which seems to be very popular going by the many messages I've read here. I would love to know if anyone has any other ideas

I ended up with a hysterectomy for total prolapse and was given the ring to help support, any crouching or physical pressure and it'd pop out, seeing as though just the womb and cervix was taken I'm assuming I'd be losing the estring more often than not

I've ordered Hyalofemme to try to keep things extra moist down there.  Haven't received it yet x

Brainless

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 09:09:41 AM »

Thank you Annie I really appreciate your replies. I will google hyalofemme

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »

Hi Brainless

:welcomemm:

Whereabouts are you in peri-menopause ie what are your periods doing in terms of frequency and length etc? If you find that the treatments you are trying, and those recommended, do not work as well as you hope, then it might be worth considering systemic HRT (ie tablets or patches/gel) - because some women need this as well as local HRT to keep things comfortable. Have a look at Maryjane's posts on this and the thread in Praivte Lives started by Dancinggirl "The Burning Club" which has all sorts of useful information and tips.

I use oestrogen patches for menopause symptoms as well as local oestrogen (Vagifem) and oestrogen cream (estriol generic) to rub in as and when.

Hurdity x

Brainless

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 06:23:16 PM »

Hi Hurdity, sorry for my very slow reply.

I'm in perimenopause and have been for a few years now. I use evorel sequi as my least worst option. I had a terrible time with utrogestan and another that I can't remember the name of but is meant to be a more friendly progestogen. I still struggle with the progestogen part but I need the oestrogen so am willing to put up with the 2 bad weeks in return for 2 better than pre hrt weeks.

I've had an ablation so don't have bleeds during periods but I still get bladder and bowel pain at those times so can tell when they would have happened. I miss periods here and there and I'm into my third month without at the moment which is the longest I've gone.

I'm using topical oestrogen but still having issues down there. I've read an awful lot of the burning club thread but there isnt much about the estring. Most people seem to favour vagifem. I have read after a google search that the estring can only be used for 2 years but I'm not sure if that was written prior to the new guidelines on hrt. Im also not sure if it's ok to use in perimenopause.

I did try a balance activ pessary last night which really stung for several hours but I have felt a bit of an improvement today so now I'm wondering whether to use another tonight or to use the oestrogen cream 🙄. The reason I'm drawn to the estring is I have lots of topical allergies so wonder if I might be less likely to react to something without fillers.

Thanks again for your reply
Hope this makes sense I'm so tired it's hard to find the brainpower to put things into words
[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:25:49 PM by Brainless »

Brainless

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 06:24:41 PM »

Hi Annie, please will you let me know how you get on with the hyalofemme it sounds interesting

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »

Hi brainless I have used the Hyalofemme and found it really great I also like Vagisil prohydrate and used both together ,it got me to a stage where I was healed enough to think about using estriol I was in so much pain and had sores and bleeding as a result of VA.and thrush from so many antibiotics for UTIs it's been a hard slog to get where I am now but what a difference no thanks to gps I might add.
Try them you won't regret it.good luck xx