Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood loss  (Read 1844 times)

Yummynana

Blood loss
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:32:47 PM »

I'm possibly starting the menopause...it's questionable as I've previously had treatment for cancer and was told a long time ago that I may or may not go through a ‘normal' menopause. No periods for years since and now have started bleeding. Sometimes very heavy, sometimes very light and after a trip to the hospital at night and I'm now having tests to find out what's going on. I feel like I'm on my own here 😕 and would just like to know about other people experiences.

Taz2

Re: Blood loss
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 09:52:03 PM »

Hi Yummynana - welcome!

The main thing is that you are having this unexpected bleeding investigated. There are quite a few reasons for post-meno bleeding - although you don't know of course whether you are post-meno as you have said - so try not to worry too much. Difficult I know but I hope you soon get your results through.

You will get a lot of support on here so please let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 10:35:02 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Yummynana

Sorry to hear you are having problems - this need investigating. 

We need more information to be able to support you e.g. your age, type of cancer etc.

Everyone experiences the menopause differently but there is a lot of info on this site that will give your an idea of what to expect. Hope investigations go OK.   Do keep us posted.  DG x

Yummynana

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »

Thank you both for that. I'm feeling quite mixed up at the moment. I just turned 48 btw....and it was cervical cancer a long time ago now. Had full blood count done the other day (by the worst witch, sorry nurse I have ever had the displeasure of meeting) not sure who burst her bubble that day 🤣😂🤣 now waiting for appointment at hospital😀

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 10:35:42 AM »

Poor thing.  Terrible that you haven't been given better advice and support since your cancer. Hope they look after you better now.  Did you have a hysterectomy? Even though you had cervical cancer, you should perhaps be given HRT to protect your heart and bones for the long term. It is odd to suddenly start having bleeds after such a long time with nothing.  Keep us posted.  DG x

Yummynana

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »

Hi there! I didn't have any surgery which was the reason for different opinions about later life menopause....no one could say what ‘might' happen. I was put straight on HRT, I was on quite a few years then taken off as there was a risk of having a stroke (I suffer with the odd migraine with an aura) 😀. Will keep you posted. 😀

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »

Hi Yummynana

:welcomemm:

So your periods stopped due to cancer treatment - presumably chemotherapy? Doesn't that mean that you entered menopause then - sorry I'm a bit confused? That being the case it is important as Taz says that this is being investigated. I'm not sure if there can be resumption of ovarian activity (and therefore periods) years after a menopause of this type? I can't see how you would go through a normal menopause if your periods never re-started?

How long have you been off HRT? Migraine with aura is not a contra-indication for HRT and in these circumstances transdermal HRT is recommended so once your investigations are complete and if you are given the OK - you could restart - especially if you have other bothersome symptoms, and it will also give you some protection to your bones which will have been lacking since you stopped HRT - if you are post-menopause.

Yes please do let us know the outcome and hope all is well :)

Hurdity x