Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I thought i was going mad  (Read 1444 times)

redrocker

I thought i was going mad
« on: December 11, 2017, 04:23:42 PM »

Hi everyone, im new to this forum, and just wanted to say its helped me reading all your posts, im having a pretty bad time with this menopause lark, im 48 and havent had a period for around 12months altho on ocassions i really feel like im gonna get one and nothing comes... I have  every sympton from achy joints to ibs and period style cramping crying anxity symptoms, foggy head, dizzyness,weak bladder, dry skin that horrible lower back thing that goes into the hip and a bit down the leg, and general grouchy behaviour, although the latter i might of had all my life))

The worst has probably been the nausea, and digestive issues,,not fun at all every morning for a while i wake up just feeling sicky, and it comes and goes throughout the day. and the only thing that eases it is  tonic water, or peppermint tea  that really helps... anyway ive made a appointment to see my doc in couple weeks time and im gonna ask to be referred to a proper clinic to discuss hrt options as docs bless em are just general practitioners and just have a general understanding of stuff and truthfully my experience at the docs  has been not  good of late, one doc actually said foggy head and anxity are nothing to do with peri and just looked at me like i was nuts, plus you have a 5min slot thats all, and if you are tearful for most of that, well you just dont get anywhere!!!! i have made some huge lifestyle changes namely giving up smoking and caffine and i did those to things to excess, i have to say even tho i miss it like crazy a yr later i do feel better for it,,i dont have many hot flushes now..also am trying to be really good with diet although that doesnt really work and even tho i exercise a lot and do a physical job i have the obligatory menopausal tummy.

.I just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone that posts on these sites and to those whose symptoms mirror mine, i really feel for ya and even tho i feel pretty rough most of the time i dont feel like im going mad now thanks to you)
all the best
Red rocker

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I thought i was going mad
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »

:welcomemm:

As oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry: inside and out! nostrils, deep in the ears, back of the throat, skin, vagina  :o - we have threads on this one.  Also, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  GPs are allowed to offer 10 min appts. (government rules) and one should be able to make a double appt. when necessary, or make an appt. to see the Practice Nurse. Good idea to seek a menopause appt. .......

IBS can be triggered - 10mins. prior to each period I would get 'the runs' so travelling was impossible.  Even if a bleed wasn't due it would happen and I needed the loo, immediately!

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »

Hi red rocker

:welcomemm:
Pleased to hear you have found the forum helpful.

Good luck with the appointment let us know how you get on.

Lanzaloverx x

redrocker

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »

Thanks for your replies good to know you are all out there) yes Sparkle  its pretty pants,,i think the worst for me this week  is the dizzy foggy head thing seems to be all the time which then makes you feel a bit sicky cause you get anxious about it and that starts a chain reaction of various feelings  .i had a pretty bad bout of labrinitus last year, was out of action for nearly 3 months ,knocked me for six made me feel very low scared and incapacitated me i couldnt do anything that involved walking or doing things,and im used to packing so much in a day, plus im self employed  extra stress of not earning any dosh was not good... so any sympton of dizzyness now  i automatically get really stressed thinking its going to come back, on reflection i think i was also having peri symtons then along side the labrinitus, so i couldnt really tell what was what.apparently docs say its hard to diagnose  labrinitus. so basically they just rule everything else out...i did read somewhere there was some link with vertigo and the menopause but when i suggested it to my doc at the time he said there wasnt...anyway i do feel my days are just a ball of hormonal confusion and sometimes its hard to see through the other side....