Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Wakening from Hot flushes every night up to 10 times - exhausted  (Read 1042 times)

Lady Daviot

Wakening from Hot flushes every night up to 10 times - exhausted
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I am not on HRT yet and still undecided. 48 and been in peri for around 4-5 years but the hot flushes all night long and after my shower in the morning are getting me down as well as being exhausted. I still have a few through out the day and I have been waiting for a period to start for the last 3 months, all the signs just not happening. Any suggestions on either natural remedies or meds without HRT.

Annie0710

Re: Wakening from Hot flushes every night up to 10 times - exhausted
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

To be honest the only remedy that will work is oestrogen

I was drenched countless times each night and saw my gp who immediately suspected low oestrogen (tests confirmed it) I was 32 and she put me on oestrogen only as I'd had a hysterectomy, within a few days the sweats had stopped x

Lady Daviot

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »

Thank you Annie0710. I will make app with GP as I cant go on without sleep. I will also check out the different forms that you can take oestrogen, patches?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 10:04:49 PM »

Do get your thyroid function checked. DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »

Thank you Annie0710. I will make app with GP as I cant go on without sleep. I will also check out the different forms that you can take oestrogen, patches?

I started on a pill and carried on for 13 years, then went to patch but am now on gel which is so easy to tweak.  I still get occasional sweats, last night I had one which woke me but I'm only smearing in a medium dose of gel a day as if I increase I gel palpitations x