Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Am I Going Mad???  (Read 2567 times)

Beany12

Am I Going Mad???
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »

Hi I'm new to this site and never posted on a forum before.  I am 48, 49 in a few weeks. My periods became erratic last year and this year went 5 months before I saw any period however at this point I noticed I was not thinking straight, very emotional and if I wasn't crying I was feeling aggressive, brain fog and desperate Feelings of not being able to cope.  I went to docs as previous visits did get herbal stuff for flushes and told try to ride the symptoms out. OMG no way went back different doc no real discussion I mentioned patches gave me fem seven sequi. Felt better for a bit but 2 weeks in anxiety nervousness crying all came back now hot flushes back and I don't want to go out of the house as I feel I can't deal with anyone my emotions are like a yo yo. Not been to work yet this week as sent home mo day morning as sat at desk read one email and then racked with tears and feeling I could not cope. Have docs again tomorrow the herbal doc again as the surgery do not seem to have anyone who deals in womens health alrmtjuugh j gave to say this doc us very nice it dies appear that I have to tell them what I need. So help required is the HRT worth changing is dose to low or should I try tablets and I realky don't want anti depressants but I could quite happily jump off a tall building at the moment.  Should I stick with what I've got for another 2 months but they don't stick I have to clean my skin with surgical spirit so they will stick. It's all a blooming mess that includes my head  . Any help welcomed thanks  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Am I Going Mad???
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »

:bighug:  sounds within normal limits from where I'm sitting.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Have a look-see at the green banner 'treatments' as well as the alternative room.

Browse round.  Make notes. 

Beany12

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »

Thanks i have been reading posts on here for a while but I need to tell my doc what I want and I haven't got a clue but will suggest a different hrt. Thanks 👍

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »

What symptoms would you like to ease first? [should that be which symptoms  :-\::)

Beany12

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 03:14:40 PM »

I would like to stop crying every time I open my mouth to speak I'm just over emotional. I can deal with flushes just about it's the physiological symptoms and nausea that is killing me. I have found a list of other get preps and note I may be on a medium dose and it appears femoston may be better on a lower dose. On phase 1 patch for first 2 weeks felt geat all went downhill from there not sleeping to well now either as flushes waking me and I'm sure this is not helping my mood swings  ::) 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »

Sounds to me as though you need a lower dose of HRT.  I had flushes and low mood with the combined patches.
Try Femoston 1/10. 
DG x

Beany12

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 06:52:58 PM »

Hi dancinggirl I think your right I've been scouring the internet and have come to the conclusion that what I'm on the dose is too high. Also the progesterone on I  these patches may not be agreeing with me as it's a todtesterone derivative. So going armed with info to docs and will ask for femoston 1/10. Thanks for yr input it's appreciated  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 07:33:21 PM »

Did U mean that you have bought from the inter-net or ...........  :-\

Beany12

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 10:27:31 PM »

Hi CLKD no I haven't bought anything off internet the doc put me on the fem seven but it's a medium dose not a low dose so as suggested I have read lots of threads and articals etc on internet and perhaps the doc should have started me on a lower dose hrt and explains why I'm so low and crying all the time and have constant nausea. Just been feeling like I did before I started HRT 6 weeks ago in fact been so bad this week have been unable to go to work!  :-\

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »

I didn't do well on medium dose HRT in my peri stage - I was much better on a low dose.  DG x

Beany12

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »

Hi again

I Went to the docs today with all the info I got off u ladies for which I'm grateful.

She felt i could be right in that it was the pogeterone and the dose to high for me in the fem seven sequi patch causung all my symptoms.

I've now been given femoston 1/10.  If this doesn't work she has suggested the mereava coil and gel.

However i now have a dilemma do I just start this pack of femeston from the start ie from day 1 as i took my ohase 1 patch off today and was due to start phase 2 patch Tuesday coming.

So do I take next few days of pill one then go to pill 2 (with progesterone tues).  Or like I said start again from day 1 pill 1 so to speak.

My reason for wanting to start at pill 1 phase 1 again is because I am worried about my symptoms as I have been off work all this week low and tearful and depressed and can't afford anymore time off.  If I start from day 1 again the progesterone part of this first pack won't start till just before Xmas day and I'm off work till new year so gives me time to see if I react, but I do know any reaction may not come this month but just worried about work.

Do you think this is safe for me to take and extra 2 weeks of oestrogen?

Also should these pills be taken at the same time everyday?

Thanks for yr help

Beany12 x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 03:32:50 PM »

R U self-employed?  You need to discuss 'time off' with your Employer, don't feel pushed into returning to work too soon as that won't do anyone any favours.

Employers are being encouraged to support ladies with menopausal symptoms that interrupt their working abilities.

Beany12

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »

Im part time anyway but no not self employed and a very small company. They are being understanding at the moment but it also means anymore time off and I will not get paid as they don't pay sick pay and I have 2 kids and Xmas coming so I will need to try to make up the time I've had off as not sure if I've lost pay already. The government should alot paid time off for women going through the mebopause! 

Beany12

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 08:14:21 PM »

Yep.  Have you discussed this with the Company or is this your fear?  After all, you aren't 'sick' as such  ::)

Beany12

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »

the symptoms I'm having are real! And debilitating! I'll get advice elsewhere thanks
Pages: [1] 2