Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Menopause and Histamine intolerance  (Read 2356 times)

Sinead

• First Flush
Menopause and Histamine intolerance
« on: November 28, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »

I am 4.5 years into perimenopause and my histamine intolerance is dreadful.  I live on anti histamines just so I can eat a normal diet.  I have heard that histamine intolerance subsides fully or partially after menopause is over. 

If you have found this to be the case for you would you let me know as I am clinging onto straws at the moment.  If you have found the opposite please don't let me know!!

Thank you all
Sinead

Annie0710

Re: Menopause and Histamine intolerance
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »

IM a long term allergy sufferer and it ramped up numerous gears during peri.  I was forever popping AHs.  It's calmed right down, I still get the random reactions but not daily, sometimes not even weekly x

Sinead

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »

Hi Annie, thanks for taking the time to reply.  Did you suffer from histamine reactions to food?  I am reacting to nearly everything I eat whether it is low in histamine or otherwise.  I have read one post somewhere along the way that it settles down after menopause.  What antihistamine did you take?

Thanks a million
Sinead

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »

I know what I'm allergic to so always avoid those(latex derived fruits)

But I have no idea what caused most of them.  I could touch a specific back door handle during the day, but if I touched it evening time I'd get all itchy and swollen.  I carry epipens but just use regular cheap antihistamines off the shelf for non urgent reactions.  I still get randoms just nowhere near as often x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »

IM a long term allergy sufferer and it ramped up numerous gears during peri.  I was forever popping AHs.  It's calmed right down, I still get the random reactions but not daily, sometimes not even weekly x

Has it calmed down because you are on HRT do you think Annie? 

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 07:43:54 PM »

I don't think it's hrt Taz as I've been on oestrogen 18 years now x