Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femeton conti and stomach problems  (Read 1452 times)

Tm

Femeton conti and stomach problems
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »

Newbie on here, going through the menopause for a couple of years and suffering horrendous hot flushes. Gave in and went on hrt first one gave me terrible bloating and weight gain so Dr changed it to femeton conti low does worked for a bit and then flushes returned. Dr uppped the dose and seems to be getting better only I have a lot of indigestion which I never had before. Now it seems to be affecting my bowels.  Has anyone else had these problems as not sure what to do because life without hurt was unbearable! Any advice welcome 🙏

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femeton conti and stomach problems
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 06:15:18 PM »

:welcomemm: Browse round.  Make notes.

I hope that someone will be along with advice soon.  If not, put the product name into the 'search' box and see what pops up.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 09:17:44 PM »

Hi Tm

Sorry that you are feeling so awful on Femoston. Could it be that you have a virus causing the diarrhoea and nausea? There is a lot of it about at the moment - my son has been ill all week with similar.

A patch or gel HRT would be kinder on your digestive system as it is absorbed straight into the bloodstream and not metabolised by the liver so if the stomach problems persist you might consider changing to one of those.

Hope you feel better soon and keep posting. There is lots of helpful advice and friendship to be had on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Tm

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:44:23 PM »

Thanks for your reply, I did wonder that myself but it has gone on too long now. Didn't think of patches maybe that would be worth a try. I've also found that the hot flushes are returning at times so did wonder if my body was absorbing it properly but not sure if this is a possibility or not .

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:41:55 PM »

If you have diarrhoea then you may well not be absorbing it properly. How long have you had the diarrhoea for?

Taz x

Tm

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:48:35 PM »

On and off for a few weeks that's why I thought it could be the femeton because I didn't have the problem before.