Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 2094 times)

Dotty

Is this possible?
« on: November 14, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »

Hi
Can anyone answer this?
Is it possible to have terrible symptoms in peri menopause, then be ok for a couple of years ( still having hot flushes but coping) and then have the terrible symptoms return? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »

Probably.  As hormones rise and fall?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »

Thanks CLKD . That's what I think xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:15:30 PM »

I have been period free since 2002 and 6 months ago I began to experience hot flushes  :o. bugga ......... occasionally, fortunately.  Don't know if it's the meds. I am taking or hormones!

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »

Hello Dotty.

I often chat to a lady who always reassured me that it does get better and the worst of it goes away, however when  I saw her recently she'd just been to the GP because her hot flushes had come back. She was told this often happens, is quite normal and not to worry. Another woman I speak too only experienced flushes after having her ovaries removed in her late sixties and her gynecologist commented that the ovaries can still produce some oestrogen into our seventies.

Hope this helps you. Take care.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »

Thanks for your replies. I think that's whats happened to me but I have been told it's not possible.... that once symptoms start they just get worse and worse . X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »

You can forget that Dotty!  for each of us the Journey is different: same but different.  If you browse round you'll glean how each lady deals with any problems.

Hormones rise and fall.  So it stands to reason that reactions will be different for each of us.  Accept?  Keep that diary ;-)

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 07:50:30 PM »

Hi CLKD
Thanks. My journey has been very up and down. X

Nellie Noo

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 08:07:58 PM »

I've had this , terrible symptoms back in 2010 that made me go to doctors, then they seem to abate some what;  and now back with a vengeance.😳

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 08:19:49 PM »

Nellie Noo - thank you. That's me....  very ill in 2012, didn't really know what it was and neither did docs. Recovered slowly over next 3 years. Had 2 years with just hot flushes. Then 3 months ago “wham” ... really poorly again xx

Nellie Noo

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »

I seem to have a host of different symptoms back in 2010 that I didn't attribute to peri menopause at first ....but I do know that I was pretty low because I felt so rubbish ! Then  when I  realised it could be peri I felt massively  relieved that  I wasn't seriously ill !  Then things seem to be ok for a while but bloody hell since August this year WHAM ! Everything ... bladder problems, aches and pains, night sweats, problems down below, low mood, anxiety ... the list is endless . And I'm still having periods at 53 !

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »

Nellie Noo - same as me!!!!

When I was ill with lots of symptoms I didn't have hot flushes, so think that's why menopause was never mentioned or thought of . I'm 53 too but haven't had a period for 3 years. I feel dreadful at the moment x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »

I feel for you ... really ... it can be quite a lonely journey this menopause thing ... and a long journey as well ....as we both can testify .Feel like I've been dealing with it forever at the moment though, especially as all my symptoms have yanked up a few gears and I've a few new ones thrown in as well ! Sending you a hug x

Dotty

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »

Thanks Nellie Noo that's really kind of you.   That's exactly how I would explain my symptoms. Are you taking hrt? Xx

Nellie Noo

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »

Well I have just tried femseven patches and they have been a bit of a nightmare. Won't stay on and itched like crazy . Not only that, but bled for 20 days when I started them so looks like a trip to gps again 😳 Like you I didn't have flushes back when my symptoms started in 2010, but have bad night sweats now. X
Pages: [1] 2