Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Femseven sequi...advice needed please  (Read 3595 times)

mabel64

Femseven sequi...advice needed please
« on: November 03, 2017, 10:12:37 AM »

Hi was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the femseven sequi patches...put the first patch on wednesday evening and it is already beginning to peel back at the edges, I reckon any more exposure to water and it will be off! I followed the application instructions to the letter. Applied the patch to lowe abdomen. Does the peeling mean that it will notbe effective? Can anyone who is on these help please?

jaycee

Re: Femseven sequi...advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 01:59:17 PM »

Not me, but my daughter has just started n these and they are apparently a pain,she has wasted the first lot really because she couldn't make them stick, she tried Elastoplast etc, but didn't work, she eventually got something off ebay, some type of tape that works
Will ask her now if I can get in touch  -----------------Tegaderm, but don't buy from chemist its very expensive, much cheaper on ebay, but it works
Hope this helps

mabel64

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »

Thank you jaycee, yes wasnt expecting them to come unstuck so quickly, also im finding it quite itchy. I will look for the tegaderm. How has your daughter found it otherwise if you dont mind me asking?

Anyone else got añy tips?

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 03:08:31 PM »

I think apart from them not sticking well ok, but she did say on the second half, the progesterone she was a bit moody
She is changing to another type after Christmas though, as she wont have been period free until January
She is changing to Tibolone ,what I am on, but I think they put weight on you, so she wont like that,as shes always struggling to lose weight

Zara69

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »

Hi I've just swapped to these from evorel sequi...don't moisturise the skin where you want to stick it, wipe area with surgical spirit - leave skin to dry thoroughly...I then warm the patch still in its packet in between my palms, when you open it don't touch sticky bit at all.  Hold down with a warm palm for ages (like a whole minute).  I haven't lost one yet... I gleaned these tips from here and “the tinternet” 😂. I think they are really good...sounds like a faff but it's only once a week..I also warm it a bit with a hairdryer when I'm drying my hair!

Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »

Hello

Zara69: great minds think alike with the hairdryer!

I used to put them on my lower abdomen below naval and swap sides weekly. My top sticking tip is to shower so my skin was warm, crack open the patch and carefully peel off one half. Do not touch the sticky side but put it straight on to your warm skin. Hold for a bit with your hand over the stuck side then unpeel and stick the other side. Hold again  covered by your hand then use a warm hairdryer on it for a minute or so. Sounds like a lot of faff but it's only once a week.
They stuck! Never lost one!
Hopefully this will work for you too  xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »

I haven't used large patches as I use Estradot which are tiny - but I stick them to butt cheek and don't usually have a problem with sticking as the patches are covered by my nix so don't come unstuck. I think they would if on my abdomen due to jeans going up and down over them and elastic from nix. Also they are changed twice weekly so don't have to stay on so long. The problem with sticking something over the patch is that you might not be able to tell if the patch is stuck properly underneath it if you see what I mean - but I suppose as long as you keep having a quick feel and press it down all over when going to the loo for example - it might be OK

Hurdity x

mabel64

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 09:06:41 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies and tips. I am now on the third patch in 5 days, despite following the tips. Ive bought some tegaderm off amazon and have covered the latest patch with that so Im hoping that will work. However I am getting some skin irritation from the patch, has anyone else had an issue with this? Also havent noticed any improvement yet in the wsy Im feeling, I think I was maybe hoping for too much too soon

hunnisett565

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 10:14:05 PM »

Hi

I have just started these too this week. Stuck on fine yesterday but have noticed a little bit coming separate so will see tomorrow ! I did notice a little red line around some of the circle this morning but it has disappeared now so hopefully no more irritation but it didn't itch.

Good luck and we can compare notes ! Yes me too will will hoping for a miracle! Maybe too much !

Hunnymummy x

mabel64

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 10:10:59 PM »

Hi hummymummy and HopeAlone, yes it will be good to compare notes. My patch still seems to be securely stuck on under the tegaderm dressing, a bit worried though I may not be getting the full amount of hormone, probably because I havent noticed any change in physical or emotional symptoms.

HopeAlone

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 01:09:38 PM »

Not getting the full hormone worries me too. It's a nuisance isn't it im paranoid and constantly checking it. At least my skin is not having a reaction to the patch which was another of my many worries. That's all I seem to do these days is worry  :-\

mabel64

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »

Now the tegaderm dressing is beginning to peel back! Although Im desperate for some relief from symptoms I must admit Im struggling with these patches, I cant keep going through them at this rate. I was advised by a friend that transdermal was preferable to pills which is why I was keen to try them.

I have a gp appt about something else tomorrow, I dont know whether to ask for a change and if so to what type, or whether I will just seem'flaky'. I know 3 months seems to be the suggested amount of time it takes to trial a particular hrt so 5 days doesnt really cut it and I would persevere if it wasnt for these problems in keeping the damn things on!

Do I stick it out (no pun intended!) Or ask for a change.

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »

Try applying to butt cheeks? Mine would also come off if I stuck them to my front lower abdomen (I did try once). For a start the skin there is what I call my "baby skin" so very thin, loose and a bit floppy and the lower bit has all the stretch marks. Stuck to my butt they rarely come off and I wear nix that cover too (not big nix btw - you won't ever see me in them  ;D ) so it doesn't rub against them every time I go to the loo. However Femseven are quite big so more tricky - I use Estradot and they are tiny - easy to hide and cover....

Hurdity x

HopeAlone

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »

I was just thinking the same
I'm at doctors next week so I'm reading up  on a few options as I want to stay on a patch as I can't take pills, I already rattle lol.
I'm thinking of maybe estradot they seem to be a good option for sticking better and they are smaller too apparently. Would need to take a separate progesterone tho and utrogestan is mentioned quite a lot on here.
2 weeks ago I wouldn't of know any of this, this site is great for information  :)

mabel64

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »

I agree HopeAlone its a great site. I never knew there were so many types of hrt...must admit tho im confused by it all.
Pages: [1] 2