Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopause/utrogestan/tinnitus  (Read 3518 times)

Noheroicsplease

Menopause/utrogestan/tinnitus
« on: October 31, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »

Me again.

I feel completely in the wars.

This past week I've had small bursts of ringing in the ears. Now it's like a permanent white noise. I'm a writer so I'm in the quiet a lot. It's making me panicky.

I'm sweating more at night than I have in the past 10 months since going on HRT. I'm also trying out Utrogestan and have done  a few nights of that.

Am I nuts to think there might be links between the above and tinnitus?

Salad

Re: Menopause/utrogestan/tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 08:01:18 PM »

Tinnitus is a low Oestrogen symptom for me - I've no experience of Utrogestan so not able to comment on how that might link.

What do you write?  :D

Snoooze

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:13:22 PM »

I've had ringing in the ears for quite a few years now ever since a bad virus and ear infection. I have always put it down to sinus problems. I wasn't aware it was yet another menopause symptom but looking back, the ringing did start around the time of all my other meno symptoms.

I know it can be annoying when it happens. There is not much that can be done about it. Are you able to listen to music through headphones at the same time as you write as at least then you won't hear the ringing?

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 08:43:31 PM »

Tinnitus started for me at the start of peri.  It comes and goes (prob never goes but I hear it louder sometimes)
January this year I had sinus infection and burst ear drums and lost my hearing for 3 weeks.  During that time I developed musical tinnitus. I had to google it I thought I was going mad.  It was orchestral music with grand finales the lot.  Not pleasant when trying to get to sleep x. 

Don't let the tinnitus scare you.  You actually learn to shut off from it after a while x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »

Musical tinnitus! Orchestra in your head...that's mad.

It is a bit better today. I feel better today. I haven't taken any utrogestan in two days. Maybe there's a link.

I write novels.

Thanks all x

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »

I had to stop 200mg Utrogestan due to dreadful tinnitus the 100mg does not cause it.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 04:57:17 PM »

Musical tinnitus! Orchestra in your head...that's mad.

It is a bit better today. I feel better today. I haven't taken any utrogestan in two days. Maybe there's a link.

I write novels.

Thanks all x

Yes absolutely I thought I was going mad.  Google said it can be common when a patient suffers sudden hearing loss, the brain needs to hear something.  ENT said my ‘land of hope and glory' and ‘auld Lang's syne' were the most common

Meeka

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 05:04:02 PM »

I think Utrogestan affects my ears.  I feel like I have a cold and I get dizziness.  I believe the dizziness could be connected with the ears, balance mechanisms are in the ear.  I recently went on an aeroplane and I had quite severe pain in my ears when the plane reduced altitude ready for landing.....something I have never experienced before menopause.

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »

As I said mine started in menopause but I don't use progesterone.  I think it's a meno/age thing

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »

My tinnitus hasn't gone. It's like a high-pitched whistle in my head almost all the time. I thought I was going insane in bed last night.

I am panicking that it won't go, or will get worse!

Yammy1

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »

Ive had tinnitus for years now and I don't take any hrt. I think it's related to meno, sometimes it's loude than others but it's always there. Just have to lie with it