Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie need assurance  (Read 1601 times)

Curlygirl

Newbie need assurance
« on: October 28, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »

ModifyModifyRemoveRemove
Hi All
I'm new on here, and need some reassurance please.im 45 and I have been in perimenopause for nearly a year now, have been having a really rough time. A list of symptoms a mile long, but the most scary ones for me are my moods, practically psychotic at times, I'm not exaggerating! I think I'm going mad at times. I'm irritable 😡 angry, confused, have no patience with the most simple things and my poor partner and 5 yr old daughter think Mummy's lost it! I still was having regular periods, missed only 2 in the last year. They are very heavy but have always been like that and I have always had terrible Pms. I started femoston 1/10 7 weeks ago under the advise from my doctor. For the first four weeks everything seemed good, my first period started before the last 2 tablets of the pack were finished and it was very heavy! but the last two weeks have been horrendous! My moods are off the scale and I feel so bad. Can anyone advise if this is normal or had a similar experience and will it level out. I'm exhausted and a little scared 😳 thanks

Mini1

Re: Newbie need assurance
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 06:30:19 PM »

Hi

I can't answer your question, but hopefully somebody will be along soon who has experience of femoston. x

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 06:36:27 PM »

Hi Mini1

Thanks very much for acknowledgement. I think my post sounds a bit crazy! X

Mini1

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »

I don't think it's crazy. This menopause journey is awful. X

Jean50

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 07:43:11 PM »

Hi Having just read your post I can't answer but just wanted to say the same is happening to me, I did great on first 4 weeks Femoston 1/10 am now on week 7 and having low mood and morning anxiety again, I am 50 perimenopausal, hope you get some answers to maybe help us both out. I know they say to give it a good 3 months to work. Xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »

Hi Jean50
I'm so glad I'm not the only one, even if it is just the two of us! 😊
I understand completely how you feel. I was wondering, have you had bad pmt/pms in the past? I was browsing the net this evening and came on a site where research was carried out on women who suffered bad pmt/pms symptoms. When these same women started hrt they had similar side effects to ours. It's interesting. I have been told by my Doc to give it at least 3 months as you say. I hope it settles down for you. Xo

Curlygirl

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 08:10:36 PM »

Jean50

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »

Hi curly girl , no I never suffered with pms, All my years I could set my watch by when my period would arrive, I did not have mood swings, no bloating, no spots, no cramps. I have 3 children sailed through pregnancy. I turned 50 and wham it was like I walked into a wall, vaginal dryness, lose of sex drive, waking during night, but worse thing was anxiety and feeling low & crying for no reason. I should be so happy but am so sad. First 4 weeks on Femoston thought yes life back felt like my old self, but wham week 6-7 feel like I am going backwards. Hopefully somebody on here with more experience can tell us if this stage will pass xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »

Hi Jean50

Judging by what you say, I would assume it is the hrt just balancing out, the Doc told me it didn't sound unusual. I on the other hand have always had terrible period symptoms, physical and emotional. I have 1 week in the month where I feel normal! And this has been that way since periods started at 14. Had my daughter at 40 and to be honest I struggled, had post natal depression for almost 3 years. Then as you say woke up one morning last December and wham, a ton of bricks! I think with me it's just my make up, horrible hormones! My moods have settled the last few days, but finding it very hard to get motivated. We will just have to ride it out. Let me know how you are getting on. I will say a prayer for us both. Xo

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 05:14:44 PM »

Well I was going to say :welcomemm:  to you curlygirl as I've been busy over the weekend and today so missed all the new members - but I see you've been and gone  :-\. Obviously you didn't find what you were looking for here so I'm sorry to see that - and you had some good responses to your post - but anyway wishing you all the best :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 07:57:29 PM »

This didn't show up on my 'unread posts since last visit' area !