Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: TEARFUL/THE HRT QUESTION  (Read 1076 times)

pebblesonthebeach

TEARFUL/THE HRT QUESTION
« on: October 18, 2017, 11:48:17 AM »

Hi all. I'm 49 and have been having gaps of roughly five months between periods for almost two years. I'm not suffering with hot sweats yet but get the odd red hot face. The worst thing is the desperate feelings of sadness/low mood and anxiety. The smallest things now feel like a major problem. Both my kids are now away an uni and I have managed to tear ligaments in my ankle so I am at home alone all day and just feel so tearful and lonely. I'm usually very active and have walked the London Moonwalk marathon five times. I was planning to walk it again with a friend but have decided to leave it a year.

Nothing seems to make me feel happy anymore. Do other people get this? I have started to research HRT and the kind of foods to eat if I don't want HRT. I was wondering whether anybody here is trying to get through it without HRT or does it get to the stage where you need it to keep sane!! I'm looking forward to having a good read through the forum and getting to know fellow sufferers!!

Mini1

Re: TEARFUL/THE HRT QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »

Hi I joined the forum last week. I'm 53 and 3 years post menopause. I've coped up to now and tried loads of things but I've got worse over the last 3 months and I'm now going to try HRT . I'm seeing GP on Friday .
I totally understand your feelings about feeling so lonely and miserable xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: TEARFUL/THE HRT QUESTION
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »

YEP.  HORMONES  >:(

Browse round.  Make notes.  It can be isolating as the various symptoms seem to take over.