Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste solo 1mg 3 weeks in  (Read 4975 times)

louby48

Elleste solo 1mg 3 weeks in
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »

I've been taking Elleste solo for just over 3 weeks. For the hot flushes and night sweats it worked within 3 days  :) . Joint pain seems easier but my libido has taken a nose dive. I'm just not interested and when sex does happen I feel nothing which makes me very sad and frustrated. I've only been with my partner for 3 years and we had a very full and loving sex life!

I also seem to be waking up a lot and am not sure whther this is the HRT, my stressful teaching job or just general age??

Is this all likely to settle down or should I go back to my GP and ask for something else? I onviously need it as the night sweats have all but gone.

I'm sure I read somewhere that oral HRT can cause low libido?

Thanks

Annie0710

Re: Elleste solo 1mg 3 weeks in
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:45:37 AM »

I was thrown into my first menopause at 32 after a hysterectomy and my ovaries failed.  I had 13 great years on elleste solo (1mg for 3 weeks then symptoms returned so went to 2mg) libido never suffered at all until I reached natural meno at 45.  If elleste solo is helping symptoms I would enquire about using testosterone alongside ESolo

louby48

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 09:52:41 AM »

Thanks Annie, I'll ask about that when I go at the end of my 3 month trial.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 08:11:39 AM »

Yes you're quite right louby48, if you decide to ask for testosterone as Annie0710 recommends, it would be better to be taking transdermal HRT (patch or gel) because as you have read oral HRT can reduce libido due to its effect on a compound called SHBG which lowers free testosterone in the body. You might actually benefit from changing to transdermal oestrogen before even thinking about T and see if that helps? What progestogen are you using or don;t you need any?

Hurdity x

louby48

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 07:09:51 PM »

Hi, I've had a hysterectomy (June) but retained my ovaries. I'm feeling much better in myself this week as I've had a really heavy cold and cough that has made me feel awful.

I shall give it a few more weeks and go back if I still feel the same . Maybe the gel would work better for me.

Louby