Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cerazette question  (Read 4216 times)

1mumrevolution

Cerazette question
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »

Hello, I've been on cerazette for 2.5 years, back to back, for flooding and clots and unbearable pain. Gynae prescribed.
So I had a bleed in march 2016 and got to April 2017 before another one appeared. Last week I had a two day bleed and now I've terrible pain like I'm about to bleed again. I've had to take painkillers every few hours.
So my question is this, cerazette has been my lifeline, but does the effects wear off over time?
I'm 3 years in peri hell, last FSH (march 2017) was 44.5. I've awful emotional and physical symptoms and been told I can try cyclical HRT if I want. But I don't fancy going back to monthly periods. I am 50 Christmas week.
Anyone any experience?

Dollydream

Re: Cerazette question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »

Hello 1mumrevolution

I took Cerazette in my forties and loved it, no bleeding, it was great.  When I was 48 however I had the most horrendous bleed which lasted 2 weeks, then another nasty one a year later.  I eventually stopped taking it just before I was 50 just to see where I was in the menopause, had a years break and then started HRT.  I know what you mean about trying cyclical HRT - I tried that and the bleeds really got me down. I'm on the mirena/oestrogel now (I'm 52).

I'm not sure whether the effects of cerazette wear off over time, but I guess as our bodies are changing as we approach the menopause, it may not have the same effect.  Maybe you could try coming off of it to see where you are.

Hope things get better for you.

DollyD x