Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: No bleed on sequential Femoston 1/10  (Read 2713 times)

Jasmine3234

No bleed on sequential Femoston 1/10
« on: October 06, 2017, 06:05:33 PM »

Hi

I have been taking Femoston for 2.5 months and was still taking Cerazette (mini pill) x 2 daily on advice from my GP.

The side effects of what I imagine was too much progestogen were awful in month 2 so when I finished my 2nd pack of HRT I stopped the cerazette as well.
I fully expected a bleed, but nothing happened.  I am now in the middle of month 3 of HRT and about to start the progestogen phase.  My GP has said that if I don't bleed after this I will need a scan.

I thought that because the Cerazette has stopped my periods since 2003 and I also think I was peri-menopausal for a lot longer than I initially thought, that maybe I have gone past the bleeding stage?   Or does sequential HRT not work like that?   

I am confused and would appreciate any help.  Thank you. x

Hurdity

Re: No bleed on sequential Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »

As you say - because you were taking the mini pill for a long time which stopped your periods - it's difficult to tell where you were in menopause - just like for women who use the Mirena. If you became post-menopausal while on the mini-pill and were very low on oestrogen then your womb lining could have thinned - and consequently when you started the femoston - it may take a while to build up sufficiently for any to shed - after all half the month you are taking the combi tabs and it doesn't really build up then.

Normally for most women there would be some sort of bleed on sequential HRT even when post-menopause - but depends partly on the HRT type. However it says on this website that 15 % of women do not bleed on sequi HRT  anyway - and for example while on HRT my periods (post-meno withdrawal bleed) dried up when I was 57 (started HRT late peri just under 54)  - and that was without having been on the mini pill.

Not sure why your doc would want to scan you - it is usually unscheduled abnormal bleeding that is more of a worry - and you are taking a combi HRT with a progestogen. I really would not worry at all - and if you are sent for a scan - well go for it - after all it;s good to know what your lining is doing anyway.

I hope this helps, and that you are feeling better generally now on just the Femoston?

Hurdity x

Jasmine3234

Re: No bleed on sequential Femoston 1/10
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »

Thank you so much for that Hurdity.   

Yes, I am feeling a definite benefit but with some nasty side effects that I am hoping will settle down.  I do feel I need to increase the dose to the 2/10 of Femoston because some meno symptoms are returning .

Overall though, I am feeling better.  I think my poor body, trying to deal without 2 x cerazette daily since 2003 and then the drop of progestogen 2 weeks ago is going through a bit of turmoil.  x