Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Peri - and starting to struggle  (Read 1127 times)

Sho65

Peri - and starting to struggle
« on: September 30, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »

Hi ladies, I am new here, I am 52 and feel I am have now had years of different peri symptoms, periods over the last year to year and a half are mega erratic (but still appear) and my cycles can go from 18 to 60 days. The one symptom that hasnt been to bad was sweats/flushes, sometimes a few days before a period comes I would have night sweat.  This last week (day 30 now) I have been feeling bit under the weather with the cold but I have been having mega night sweats and day flushes, at first I thought it was my cold but is more than that.  I was at work the other day and got hot, back of neck warm etc and then palps started, now I have suffered palps for many years and they settle quick, but I think they way I was feeling probably made me panic and I ended up having to come home sick :-(  Im hoping a period comes and these warm attacks settle!!  >:( I have had other changes recently including anxiety rising before a period,weight not shifting etc.  Had bloods run about a year ago and picked up a B12 and folic acid deficency but these seem to be up at normal ranges now. How did you ladies deal with this>?especially feeln hot etc in work environment? thanks for reading

Hothothot

Re: Peri - and starting to struggle
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »

Hello Sho65,

I am also fairly new to the forum, but wanted to say hi.

I'm a year younger than you, but went through lots of your symptoms last year, and seem to be a bit ahead of you in the process. I'm sorry I can't advise regarding the anxiety and palpitations, as those weren't my symptoms, but I can share my experience of hot flushes. I had had night sweats for a few years, but no hot flushes during the day until the summer of '16. As I went into a stretch with no period for 3 months (following a few months of having them very close together) the hot flushes started during the day. I'm a secondary teacher, and having hot flushes in the classroom was a nightmare! My flushes just got worse and worse, until I was having them hourly, 24 hours a day. The result was no sleep for months, which was awful. This was what eventually led to me trying hrt. My story might not be in any way reflective of what will happen to you though. I've known women who never had a huge problem with flushes.

I'm sure someone else will be along who can advise you re the anxiety, but in the meantime I hope you find some more answers to your questions.

This is such a fantastic resource, and I'm sure you will find help working your way through this particular journey we face.  :)