Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes 🔥  (Read 1506 times)

Butterfly22

Hot flushes 🔥
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »

Hi ladies, just started in duvaine, only ten days in but so far not stopping the hot flushes, infact if I get any hotter I think I may burst into flames!
Should these be easing off by now or could it take longer?
Also if they don't get better any ladies take sage etc that helps?
Thanks xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Hot flushes 🔥
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »

Hi Butterfly
I haven't heard of Duvaine - do tell us what is in this?  I assume it is a HRT? If so, do tell us the dosage of the oestrogen and progesterone in this?
Do you live in the UK?
Sage is not proven to be of any help with flushes I'm afraid.  DG x

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:47:47 AM »

Hi Dancing girl, we have spoken before I changed my name lil22, it's a new HRT out 0.45mg oestrogen and 20mg bazedoxifene. I am in the uk too.
Is there any other thing to help the hot flushes that's natural? Xxx

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 07:49:30 AM »

I can't help with this one but just wanted to say that I like your little flame!

Kittycat

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 07:53:17 AM »

I took sage and it worked great for a few months or more at eliminating the hot flushes also soya capsules worked as well ( dont take both though one or the other) but after about 4 years i have now had to go to the Hrt route

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »

Haha dangermouse as I was writing it I felt like I was going to burst into flames I was that hot 😳

I guess no harm in trying sage, I have heard it's helped some people, just had so much trouble with HRT and the doctor said may be a case of choosing one with most bearable side effects, and I just thought could tackle the hot flushes with something natural. Thank you kitty Kat xxx

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 02:15:52 PM »

Butterfly98, sorry to hear about that but if I were you I would press on and see how you feel in a month's time and go on from there.   Perhaps it will take a while to work.

I have now started the first of my two trials which is 20mg Bazedoxifene/2 pumps of Oestrogel every day and so far, I feel exactly the same.  As you know, Bazedoxifene is the 'progesterone substitute' part of Duavive so I am trialling it with Oestrogel and will then trial Duavive proper like yourself.

DG, you would be a prime candidate for the new Duavive HRT - it is progesterone/bleed free so definitely worth looking into.  I am hoping that this is the progesterone free HRT I have been waiting for and the beauty is it diverts oestrogen away from the breasts and the womb meaning it works better on things it should be working on - hopefully!

Butterfly22

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »

Ah thank you Mary, I'm keeping a diary so will keep notes, I'll give it a month and see from there as like you say need to give it time to work, I also guess I'll not no what's helping if I take sage ect now.
Good luck with your routine xxx