Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 'Miracle Baby'!  (Read 5734 times)

Snoooze

'Miracle Baby'!
« on: September 20, 2017, 03:08:12 PM »

Hurdity

Re: 'Miracle Baby'!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:31:38 PM »

Interesting in the context of recent discussions and possible late pregnancy - and especially that a woman conceived at 47 while on HRT - and I am presuming she must have been on cyclical HRT. Would be interesting to know exactly what type!

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »

Wow that's amazing, I spent yrs upset over the fact I couldn't have anymore kids I bet now I've come to terms with it my swollen tummy is a surprise haha 😂 Xxx

wombat62

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:09:46 AM »

In someways you're probably not totally safe until mid-50's. I hadn't had a period for years due to mini pill, came off that and on to HRT as blood test showed I was an earlyish meno, then low and behold 18 months later had sore boobs, cramps and a period arrived! Of course the medics went into mass panic but that's all it was. Probably the hrt just gave me enough hormones to crank up the system again!

Both my great grans had kids in their late 40's which I bet was fairly common without contraception back then. I know someone who was told it was meno, was 4 months gone, nature's last hurrah!

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »

I conceived my two children at 43 and 46 naturally after being told I would never conceive. .....oh might have to ditch the hrt now and go for the pill lol

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »

Wow Tinkerbellj - you must have been thrilled! :)

Hurdity x

Snoooze

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »

Interesting in the context of recent discussions and possible late pregnancy - and especially that a woman conceived at 47 while on HRT - and I am presuming she must have been on cyclical HRT. Would be interesting to know exactly what type!

Hurdity x

The story appeared in a few publications but none of them listed the type of HRT she was on which I found odd...unless they don't want to scare women on it thinking they will get pregnant!

Snoooze

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »

I conceived my two children at 43 and 46 naturally after being told I would never conceive. .....oh might have to ditch the hrt now and go for the pill lol

That's great. It's odd nowadays when celebs say get pregnant at those ages everyone says it must be IVF or a surrogate. It's as if people assume once you reach 40 you're infertile. I have a few friends who had babies in their early 40's.

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 04:41:12 PM »

I know at least 2 who had babies at 46.

The oldest was Dawn Brooke at 59.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »

She apparently had a very early 'menopause' if that was fact.  I wonder what advice she had been given over-all and from whom?

My aunt had a baby at aged 43.  I was told that 1 had to be 2 years from the last regular period B4 considering stopping contraception. 

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 08:52:03 PM »

Yes maybe her early menopause wasn't actually proper early menopause and the ovaries began functioning again as can happen and would have happened with or without HRT.

Taz x

Sarai

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

My gran had my mum at the age of 45 naturally of course, she was classed as a surprise 11 years after the last one.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »

There are many reasons why this may have happened that the Press haven't told us  ::).  However, they appear happy with their surprise bundle  ;)

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 08:43:31 AM »

Over the moon with my babies....just sad that I have to struggle with meno when I should be active and able....wish they got to know the real me instead if this sad shell

Butterfly22

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 09:09:02 AM »

Tinkerbellj I no the fe long straight after I had my daughter I started the menopause and got ME so I've always been "unwell" and "tired" and my daughter was so full of beans when she was younger (still is at 18) but I feel sad that  I couldn't do more with her xxx
Pages: [1] 2