Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Menopause nightmare  (Read 1990 times)

Crazy wummin

• First Flush
Menopause nightmare
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

I'm a newbie. I have been having terrible mood swings, so emotional. Two years into the peri menopause. On elleste duet 1mg third month,due a review soon. Got started on ovestin 1g for vaginal dryness, still sore. This site has been a great find my gp told me about M M. My husband of 31 years is very understanding. He knows that I will get through this eventually. I just want to feel normal again & not a gibbering wreck  :'(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:16:41 PM by Crazy wummin »

Dancinggirl

Re: Menopause nightmare
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:44:45 PM »

Hi and welcome
Do try Vagifem instead of the Ovestin for the vaginal issues. Also try using vaginal Moisturiser e.g. SYLK or the YES products. Lots of lubrucation is needed for sex Durex do a super one called 'Perfect Glide'.
HRT is generally trial and error till you find one that really suits. The peri meno stage is particularly difficult as your own hormones are still having an effect.
You might want to try Femoston 1/10 as the progesterone in this is kinder so often suits women better.
Browse around to get clued up and ask questions - we're here to help. DG x

Crazy wummin

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »

I have been on elleste duet 2mgs, I am feeling much better. Not crying anymore. I'm much more tolerant. My oestrogen must have been low. I got sylk from my gp, wonderful stuff. I am about to start using vagifem, hopefully it will make me more comfortable. Thanks dg for your advice, I'm delighted to feel more human again  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 04:06:41 PM »

Hi Crazy wummin

:welcomemm:

Glad to hear you are feeling better on 2 mg Elleste - and hope the vagifem works for you. You might also like to look at the long-running thread "The Burning Club" which Dancinggirl started in the Private Lives section, and focuses specifically on vaginal problems and solutions?

Hurdity x