Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Dosage  (Read 1070 times)

Lynne13

Dosage
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:04 AM »

Hi
I am wanting a little advice on lease. I am taking indivina 2/5
I was given fem seven patches before and they didn't help. The hot sweats have virtually gone. I have been on indivina for 6months. The go said I could try going to 1/2.5 and see how I progress. Can you drop the dose imediately or could I have alternate 2/5 then next day 1/2.5 to reduce gradually?

Hurdity

Re: Dosage
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:23:58 AM »

Hi Lynne13

I'm not sure why it has been suggested you try to reduce your oestrogen dose - perhaps you could tell us a bit more (age, stage of menopause etc)? If your sweats have not completely gone on this dose after 6 months then reducing oestrogen may only make them worse again?

If you do reduce the oestrogen dose then yes it would be better to do this gradually to avoid shocking your system and maybe causing rebound flushes to start pretty quickly.

Hurdity x

Lynne13

Re: Dosage
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »

I'm 51 I've been 2 years without a period and 5 years having hot sweats, nightly ones horrendous. But since on indivina they are very minimal :-)
The GP said I may be able to reduce to half the dose if they become minimal and if they start to increase again I can always increase. So thought I would try and reduce but not to half straight away, I was considering 2mg then 1mg alternate days. Has anyone done this please