Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vagifem shortage  (Read 4306 times)

Jemp

Vagifem shortage
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:57:31 PM »

My chemist has informed me that there is a problem obtaining Vagifem from the manufacturers. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm starting to panic!

Annie0710

Re: Vagifem shortage
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:29:59 PM »

I've never come across a shortage of vagifem

Have they said when you'll get yours ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »

I think over-all mainland Europe will pay what the Companies ask whereas the NHS  :-X

Maybe ring round a few Chemists in your area and do make sure that your GP is aware.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »

I think there would be a riot if there was a shortage of Vagifem! I haven't come across this either but hopefully it is just a localised thing?

Hurdity x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »

I haven't had a problem with Vagifem but obtaining Ovestin used to be a problem with my local pharmacy....Boots, actually I get a lot of issues with them, my son's migraine medication seems to a problem with them too!
I have more luck with independent chemists, although they are seem to be being taken over by Boots in our area.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »

Our Surgeries are now linked in with Lloyds Chemists  >:(

Did you enquire Jemp?

dahliagirl

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 08:12:55 PM »

I sometimes have problems with the chemist obtaining vagifem.  It is something to do with a 'quota'.  I don't pretend to understand it at all, but small chemists get an allocated amount which gets used, then they have to order it (or something like that  ::) )

It means my prescription can end up delayed by several days, especially if there is a weekend, and if the assistants haven't understood the ordering system properly (which isn't the usual way).

I can't for the life of me make any sense of it  :o, but for this reason, I usually order it at least 2 weeks or more ahead.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »

I order mine well ahead of time too!

elsie001

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 08:19:42 AM »

We have 2 chemists in our small town and both use different suppliers.  One is sending patients away with an i.o.u. note and the other isn't having any problems obtaining Vagifem.  Definitely worth trying a few chemists - hopefully you'll find one that has it in stock.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »

I'd love to see a riot of menopausal women  ;D ......... do we get to wave banners?

I learned to order all my meds fairly early in case ......... but then I get told I'm too early  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 06:27:56 PM »

We can have a riot on here CLKD!

I have the same with Estradot now - eg I was told at my 3-monthly re-order that it is also subject to quota so I get a month at a time and then just come long at the same time for the next two months to collect each month's worth. However when I turned up and the pharmacy at GP surgery today to get it, they didn't have it in, and said they would have to order it - so like dahliagirl - it seems they haven't conformed with their own system properly. Really annoying when I live 9 miles from local town where GP is based so will have to drive there again to get the patches. I haven't experienced it yet with Vagifem...

Hurdity x

JaneinPen

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »

There had better not be a shortage at my chemist when I go to renew or they will be very very sorry. You can't mess with meno ladies 😤😤😡😡

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 07:58:46 PM »

I would be ringing forwards ..........

dahliagirl

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »

my nurse put 2 packets on my prescription because I was using 3/4 per week and having to order it through the surgery as I needed more before the online system would allow it.

It is a blessing as it is harder to run out now as I can order when I am half way through the second packet.  Otherwise I was getting the new packet then putting in my prescription a week later to make sure I got it before all the hoo-hah with the chemists and running out.  They have given me a strip from an opened packet before to tide me over, but its not really what you want, is it  ???

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »

Security about the medication being available is important to me.  When I thought my GP was going to stop my emergency anti-anxiety drug I became quite ill, but as I use it sensibly as-necessary, he said it was absolutely OK to continue prescribing it.

It's about planning in some NHS areas  ::)
Pages: [1] 2