Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Awful Joint Pains  (Read 2238 times)

jasmine5

Awful Joint Pains
« on: August 24, 2017, 04:09:55 PM »

Can anyone explain why all of a sudden I am suffering with awful joint pains in my shoulders, neck, arms and back.  The only other time I have suffered like this is when I stopped my Hrt 'cold turkey' but this was quite a few years ago.

Since then I have continued to use Femseven Conti patches but recently I've had this knawing pain and joint stiffness where I can hardly get out of bed in the morning despite doing stretches and trying to keep active.  Does this mean that my Oestrogen levels have fallen and the Hrt is no longer as effective?  Any advice would be very helpful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Awful Joint Pains
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as causing the body to dry: skin, nostrils, ears, vagina ....

It depends on your periods?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 05:23:24 PM »

Hi jasmine - it might be wise to have a check up. There is a condition called Polymyalgia rheumatica which affects shoulders and back plus the large muscles in the thigh. http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/polymyalgia-rheumatica.aspx

A blood test from your GP will detect this. It's important to get the appropriate treatment. I have had four friends suffer this over the past few years and all of them blamed it firstly on menopause. Also get your vitamin D checked as this too can affect joints and muscles.

Hope that you get some relief soon.

Taz x

dazned

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 06:30:27 PM »

Try using vit D supplements,most of us are deficient in UK,also omega fish oil capsules could be helpful at this stage in life.  ::)

Katia

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 12:22:22 PM »

I have joint pains in my knees and neck and burning feelingthrough my knees

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 04:21:04 PM »

All the while or intermittently Katia, if the latter try an over-the-counter pain relief: a local Pharmacist should be able to advise.

Katia

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:11 PM »

CLKD the burning is when I use the gel.  The joint pain I think is not enough E