Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Low or high oestrogen?  (Read 1513 times)

Roadrunner

Low or high oestrogen?
« on: August 22, 2017, 05:58:08 PM »

Hello

I'm going to ask what might sound like a daft question. I'm a bit tired and fed up and doubting myself.

I've just swapped from Femoston 2/10 to Femseven Sequi (17 hours in and the patch is still on! Yay!!)

I think I've not been absorbing the tablets for the past few months, so low on hormones, hence the switch.

Today I feel really rubbish, with all the symptoms I've had since March which I assume to be linked to low oestrogen:
I feel half baked.
I wake up damp although not wet.
I sleep badly - seem to be in a very light sleep which I wake from frequently. I don't feel "rested" when I wake
I have the odd weird "moment" during the day - difficult to explain exactly what it is, just a bit spacey I suppose.
I have difficulty concentrating at work - not very productive today.
I'm headachey and feel very tired, tearful and irritable

But also - and this is the bit I'm querying - my head feels buzzy and woolly, my sinuses feel really blocked and painful, my voice is croaky and my throat feels dry and congested and my tinnitus is much worse. It's really getting me down and I hope I'm doing the right thing. Does anyone else get this? These are low oestrogen symptoms aren't they? I'm not barking up the wrong tree here? The drenching night sweats and hot flushes that I had pre HRT are not happening, and these are the more classic low oestrogen symptoms aren't they?

Also I'm not expecting to feel great today, I realise that if my logic of low oestrogen is right then it will take time for things to settle and I'm hoping a transdermal HRT will give me a more stable dose. I guess I'll just have to suck it and see. We are all so different after all - but does anyone else get the sinus/throat/ear congestion thing, and do you associate it with low or high oestrogen?

Sorry. I've waffled on and on ... I'm not sure I'm making much sense ...

RR xx

Annie0710

Re: Low or high oestrogen?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 07:20:18 PM »

Do you think maybe the sinus/ear etc is allergy ?
I know we're all different with our symptoms but my low oestrogen symptoms are aching joints, crashing fatigue, night sweats

I guess the only way you'll know is either trycsome anti histamines for a few days or increase your oestrogen

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

Hi Annie0710
Antihistamine and decongestant does help. I've had ENT investigations this year and nothing abnormal detected. It might be an allergy but it's a bit one sided. Something tells me it's hormone related. Just keeping my fingers crossed that adding in HRT isn't compounding the problem. I do get the crashing fatigue thing too although today hadn't been too bad.
Sorry for ask the moaning and navel gazing.
I'm feeling a bit fragile and needy at the moment.
I guess time will tell ...

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »

Aw bless you, these symptoms can floor us so you've every right to feel sorry for yourself x

Salad

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:06:19 PM »

My guess is you're low - maybe need to give it a bit more time to see if it sorts itself out  :foryou: