Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie and desperate for some advice.....  (Read 1157 times)

Dizzydora

Newbie and desperate for some advice.....
« on: August 21, 2017, 06:05:06 PM »

Thank goodness I've found this forum. :thankyou
Ok, so I'm 50, my periods started to become erratic a couple of years ago. Quite certain I didn't want to go on to HRT of any kind (I was ill informed) I struggled on with natural/suplimentary remedies, which quite frankly didn't work for me.
The worst thing was the hot flushes, resulting in overwhelming tiredness, which also made me moody, unreasonable and depressed. The flushes would be anytime, I never needed a coat!
So I went to see a doc, she prescribed me Evorel Sequi patches and I was to return in 3 months. The difference it made was AMAZING, I was myself again, however when I had my bleed (monthly) it was hideous, incredibly painful, like 'couldn't stand up' painful. And went on for very many days....this remained the case for 3 months.
So, I had a telephone conversation with said doc who said she'd consult with another doc at the practise and between them they suggested tridestra (tabs). I was happy with the tablet option as I was finding the patches were rubbing and sweating off. I didn't collect them for a while as I thought I might be able to go without (!) any HRT, though after just 2 weeks going it alone, I could clearly see a deterioration in my mental well being and the flushes are back with avengance! However.....reading the enclosed leaflet it states that "Tridestra is for use in POSTmenopausal women only" - that's not me, I'm definately peri!
So what am I to do? Have the docs decided that this treatment should suit me, despite the information suggesting otherwise or have they made a mistake? I will go and consult with one of them as soon as, but in the meantime, I'd really like to hear your thoughts, before I start taking it. I wonder if just going back on the patches might be the way forward for me, and just load myself up with pain relief when my bleed is due. It seems there are SO very many options and finding the balance is really tricky but I'm not sure Tridestra is for me, however I'm not speaking from a point of knowledge. I really want to start some treatment soon though before I really do lose the plot completely!  :rant:
Would love to hear some thoughts.....

Roadrunner

Re: Newbie and desperate for some advice.....
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »

Hello

I don't have experience of this I'm afraid. I'm also perk but on different HRT. I'm sure someone who dies week come along but in the meanwhile you could have a look at the green banner under menu/trestments/HRT preparations/ perimenopause.

Or search in the search box.

RR xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »

Hi dizzydora and welcome to MM
I would suggest you try having the Mirena fitted and use seperate oestrogen as pills, patch or gel.
The Mirena will usually result in no bleeding at all after the first few months and you can use as little or as much oestrogen as you need to control flushes and other meno symptoms.
This can be a very hassle free HRT combo and as you are peri meno it will also mean you won't need to use contraception.
I've tried just about every HRT option and the Mirena with Oestrogel was my best HRT and it can be used in peri and post meno.
DG x

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

just noticed all my typos lol