Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Femoston how long til it works  (Read 12954 times)

Peroxideblader

Re: Femoston how long til it works
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »

Katia I'm having a dumb blonde day....are you saying the utrogestan shoukd sort out sleep issues on its own ??

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »

That's good news as it's the oestrogen that's made me ill. I'm going to start with one pump oestr8gel and 100mg of utrogestan days 15 to 26 I believe and see how I get on but my gp whose never heard of this hrt regime said if I take 100mg progesterone it has to be days 1 to 15????

Not sure what your doc meant? The licensed dose for utrogestan as part of a cyclical HRT regime is 200 mg x 12 days per 28 day cycle. For continuous combined HRT who are post-meno it is either 100 mg continuously every day (or the licensed dose of Days 1-25 of each 28 day cycle. This is to allow a bleed if necessary although many women just take it continuously. There can be breakthrough bleeding on higher doses of oestrogen and when taken orally at this dose. Some women are prescribed the days 1-25 x 100 mg in late peri-menopause - and the bleed (if any) should happen during the days off.

If you are having pretty regular periods some gynaes prescribe less than the licensed prog dose on the understanding that you would be ovulating and therefore clearing the lining including any build-up from additional oestrogen (from the gel).

If you were given progesterone on its own this would usually be due to bleeding problems - although normally stronger progestogens such as norethisterone are given. Progesterone itself is a sedative ( but depressive in large doses) so could help with sleep - although with me it affects the bladder so when I am taking the Utrogestan I get up more in the night not less but also wake up much more tired (feeling hung-over in fact!).

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2017, 09:05:47 PM »

I blamed the Utro for insomnia, it turned out to be the gel. That what I pasted was from a study. Pop it in Google and the study should come up.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2017, 10:55:31 PM »

Hurdity I am totally confused now...so I'm peri still getting periods albeit every 5 or 6 weeks and missed one totally in may so I should be on 200mg progesterone but I've read on here pages and pages and many people start on 100mg as 200mg is a high dose at first and has the worst side effects.
So at my current stage what do you recommend I start on next month and which days..( she's prescribed me oestrogel 1 or 2 pumps everyday and 100mg utrogestan days 15-26 but this is on my comments...what dose is wrong??

Peroxideblader

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2017, 10:57:07 PM »

Katia I'll look the survey up but have you found your sleep improved on utrogestan and how many days and dose do you take it thanks

Katia

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2017, 06:20:09 AM »

Peroxidebladder, i had no problems sleeping before HRT.  Terrible sleep with the HRT. As soon as I stopped the gel my sleep went back to normal.  I was taking it 25 days and 100mg. The consultant had left it into me, but as I thought it was the problem I didn't want the 200mg. I do need some e though as I have burning vagina, but anything more than 1/2 pump of gel give me symptoms. So strange how the gel can also cause the symptoms it's supposed to help.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2017, 06:54:04 PM »

Thanks katia for the clarification...I must admit I wasn't expecting to feel so extremely low and depressed on just the oestrogen part but now I've been off femoston for two days I feel much better and no where near as down so it was the oestrogen....but this is the one health issue that can't be tested for levels as I know they are unreliable at peri stage...so I don't know if I've got too much oestrogen already or not or too much or too little progesterone so I'm flying blind here....it's harder too because my symptoms of peri are not the usual standard..I can't get to sleep I'm very anxious and my periods are usually a week late and lost two months period early this year but I don't have hot flashes now just generally overheat for hours then wake up in the morning in a soaked bed....my dread is it's not menopause at all but all other health checks have revealed anything....

Peroxideblader

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2017, 06:56:23 PM »

Hurdity...not sure if you saw my previous reply but what would you recommend I start with regime wise then...stick to the NHS regime of 1 or 2 pumps of oestrogel daily and 200mg utrogestan for days 15-26 as if that's the case I need to get my prescription changed....

Katia

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2017, 08:24:57 AM »

Peroxideblader, I'm the same.  I'm peri and my hormones are all over the place. It's hard to tell what's the HRT and what's our own hormones. The gel didn't work for me from the start, I had dreadful meno symptoms, caused by the gel,  but it's taken me 2 months for the gynae to actually listen.  I'm trying something different so we'll see. My skin seems to be slightly redder with it, but other than than no immediate reactions. I think we have to try a few. I'm also contemplating if this doesn't work out going back on the pill for 6 months and then trying again.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »

Oh no don't say that..knowing my luck the gel will be bad for me too..can I ask what you're using now then ?? Thanks

Katia

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 08:46:11 AM »

Premarin. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far, so good.  It's the pregnant horse urine instead of the yam, so it's different  The gel seems to work well for a lot, just not for me.  I knew right away it wasn't good for me, but the consultant said to perservere. I did against my better judgement. I don't know if it was the transdermal delivery that was the problem.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2017, 07:03:40 PM »

So pleased to hear that let's hope it long continues..we're all so different let's face it..I mean I went suicidal on just oestrigen the one that supposedly makes you feel great...I'm sure hrt is not for me I think the oestrogen in any hrt will affect me which doesn't make sense as it's naturally in our bodies but I'm abnormal anyway lol

Katia

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2017, 09:00:31 PM »

Peroxideblader, I did fine on the synthetic in the pill, then not on the gel which is bio identical and then ok on conjugated, which is more like synthetic again. Our bodies are all different. Even bio identical isn't identical. The only thing I'm finding so far is I'm getting a few spots. I hope they clear, otherwise I'll be needing to look for another.
Pages: 1 2 [3]