Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling dreadful on estrogel, Really dreadful.  (Read 23557 times)

DaisyB

Re: Feeling dreadful on estrogel, Really dreadful.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »

Joesmum I was just about to start a new thread when I spotted yours - so here goes  ::)  firstly I hope things have settled a little bit for you today x
I had coil fitted in April and went onto .25mg patches - they were too low likely because of the progesterone and I had to increase them swiftly. As I am so new to this game the ladies on here have me great advice. So I switched to sandrena gel and overnight I was a new woman. I ended up responding best to 2sachets per day - anxiety flew away almost overnight - physical symptoms took a little bit longer. Last week I had first appt at meno clinic. They were surprised I was using Sandrena and suggested I could switch to estrogel pump - which would be easier to control in terms of cranking up dose if I felt bad in and around certain times of the month. They also prescribed testosterone at my request. Started estrogel 2 pumps in morning and one in evening on Friday past. All weekend started to feel 'off' then bloated and no appetite- but felt like I'd ate a 4 course meal ( all day long!) fear of ovarian cancer crept in and this time I was able to recognise what was going on. So as an experiment I stopped estrogel last night and switched to Sandrena - everything back to normal - that quickly! I don't know or understand why that happened but I will experiment again after I return from hols - so that I can tell GP I at least gave it a go. I now have 5/6 full pump dispensers of gel if anyone can use them??
You know the change in your routine has caused the setback - so why don't you consider switching back and finding a way to increase patches if that's the best course for you?
DaisyB xx

Izetta

Re: Feeling dreadful on estrogel, Really dreadful.
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 06:02:12 PM »

Dancing girl

Yes its used per the instructions and im not taking it for anything other than the anxiety and depression ive experienced.
My estrogen is bottomed out ero, zilch.., as is the progesterone and Testosterone. so that would mean that im taking bio to raise the levels obviously.
I don't think however that its capable of changing my mood, so far no results.
As Hurdity said, i need the right hrt amount and combination.
Pages: 1 [2]