Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling dreadful on estrogel, Really dreadful.  (Read 23736 times)

Joesmum

Feeling dreadful on estrogel, Really dreadful.
« on: August 21, 2017, 08:38:27 AM »

So I've done what my doctor wanted and have switched over to estrogel from the patches but I feel UTTERLY DREADFUL.
ive been doing exactly as he told me. 2 pumps am and 1 pump pm but I literally cannot function. I feel completely spaced out. Constant, awful anxiety. Can hardly walk in a straight line because I feel disoriented. Can't string a sentence together. Am filled with dread. Want to cry...

I didnt feel like this on the 50mcg patch at All. When I moved to the 75mcg patch I was beyond angry, hence switching to the Gel.

Today I've done 1 pump in the morning and will do 1 pump in the evening to see if I feel any better. It's just horrific.

My doctor felt at 52 and with no ovaries that I should be on 4 pumps! No way!!

Is this going to get better or should I just flip back onto the 50 patch and use a quarter of another patch to increase slightly to 62.5mcgs ( Hurdity suggested that)?

The patches give me energy but the the Gel doesn't seem to give me any sort of energy. It's weird. I can just feel myself becoming more toxic by the day as though my body isn't using it?

warwick01

Re: Feeling dreadful on estrogel, Really dreadful.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 09:50:00 AM »

Hi Joesmum,

For me too much Oestrogel sent me off balance and caused bad anxiety. You may be better with a lower dose or go back to 50 patch, if you managed to have quality of life.

I'v just started 5th month on Angeliq and doing ok but not out of the woods yet ???

Take Care Wxx

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »

I can't cope with large doses of oestrogen, it makes me a nervous wreck

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »

Agree too much oestrogen can cause jittery anxious symptoms.
I tried upping to 3 pumps and it sent me doo lally, horrible jittery feeling, over stimulated and anxious.
For me, 1.5-2 pumps is sufficient.

I also read that you should never cut patches as it effects the way it's absorbed through the skin, cutting it means the dose is administered all at once rather than gradually

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 05:38:05 PM »

So sorry you're feeling like this. Hope that today was better for you. RR xx

paisley

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 05:56:55 PM »

Know exactly how you feel when I went to see Dr Studd I was put on the normal routine that he gives everyone ie: high oestrogel & it sent me a bit doolally. It took over a month to settle but in that time I felt awful. I told Dr Studd & he wasn't really bothered. I don't do well with high doses. Can't you go back to lower patches?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 09:08:39 PM »

I would have a break for 24 hours then start on the lowest dose possible and see how you feel.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 09:46:25 PM »

Which symptoms were you trying to ease initially?

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:12 PM »

Joesmum - if you read your original post, you will see that the answer to your problem is there. You are simply on too high a dose of oestrogen.
Many women, and even many doctors, seem to think that more oestrogen is the answer - in my experience of over 25 years using HRT ( due to early menopause) I never did well on a high dose. The most I ever used of oestregel was 2 pumps per day and in fact I usually felt better on just one pump per day.
If I were you I'd drop to one pump per day for 2-4 weeks and then only increase if absolutely necessary. It is trial and error to find the sweet spot. DG x

Salad

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 10:44:22 PM »

Lots of great advice for you Joesmum  :foryou:

Just to agree with the start low, build up slow and perservere. Maybe one pump morning and evening with a thought to review in a week or two.

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 05:16:04 AM »

I've been on oestrogen since age 32, I started on 1mg and had to go to 2mg (max dose) within 2 weeks to eradicate the night sweats.  That worked for 13 years but it's only the last year or so I've realised I need a lower dose

Izetta

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 06:26:28 AM »

Ladies

so im wondering if its because it is not bioidentical? could you get the same estrogen from a compounding pharmacy over there?
I dont even know if i should be on estrogen but given that i basically HAVE NONE, i was put on 2 pumps estrogen (o.5 mg )
hmm.
im still not finding relief either, maybe it takes a long time to kick in who knows anymore.

Im sorry for your anxiety..

Dancinggirl

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 07:45:43 AM »

Izetta - Oestrogel is bio identical. It is really dodge to use the compounded hormones from a pharmacy as they are unreliable.
It can take 2-4 weeks for the Oestrogel to work its magic and you do need to use it properly as per the instructions.
The benefits of any HRT will vary greatly and depends on what you are trying to control. Anxiety is particularly difficult to manage and requires a range of strategies to control.
DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 12:14:22 PM »

In my experience of using oestrogen physical symptoms, mainly sweats disappear within days of starting, more complex symptoms will need time I think (i.e. Anxiety, aching joints)

Butterfly22

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 12:53:16 PM »

I didn't feel good on the gel, but put it down to the ALCHOL in it, each day was getting more and more tired xx
Pages: [1] 2