Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A week to decide 😳  (Read 5423 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: A week to decide 😳
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 06:54:07 PM »

There is so much assumption in the medical profession  :bang: :bang: :bang: - why didn't the Surgeon explain what would happen during and after your operation, it is something that I would be asking by letter!  Someone should have explained the complete process including that everything removed surgically, including the appendix, will go to histology to check for cancer etc..

I would take HRT if required Katia.  Fortunately ......... all meno symptoms have been and gone apart from vaginal atrophy and my GP never hesitated in prescribing treatment.  I could not have lived with the feeling of razor blades up there!

Usually unless close family members have had cancer the gene test isn't offered.  Ovacome charity could tell you more ;-).

Also, how likely is any cancer to be caused by taking HRT which may be essential?  Something else might carry you off first ;-)

Aggie

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »

CKLD - Overall the treatment I received was really good - it's highly possible that the histology WAS mentioned but I'm such a flippen airhead since I hit peri maybe missed it! 😩😳.  The reason I requested the gene test is because I DON'T have any access to family medical history but the answer was still no.  Like you say though, something else might get me first 😜.

So I've got another question Ladies - they told me not to use tampons or have a bath (showering is ok) for two weeks after the hysteroscopy because of the risk of infection - my 12 days of Utrogestan starts again on Saturday - have successfully been using it vaginally but as I'm still bleeding a little, do we think I might be better off taking it orally (although I'd probably prefer not to) for this cycle?

Cheers me dears 😄

Katia

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 08:22:27 AM »

CLKD - I've switched the HRT - I still have some VA problems.  Didn't have them with the pill, they just hit as soon as I stopped it.

Aggie - the gel made the hair loss worse.  I had every side effect possible with it.  I am still having some which is from the Utrogestan, but nowhere near as much. I have started taking Premarin now and am so much happier with it. For me the hair loss is pretty much immediate. I think it takes three months to notice if your hair has got a bit thicker or gone thinner.

Pages: 1 [2]