Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Tibolone  (Read 2534 times)

renee

Bleeding on Tibolone
« on: August 09, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Im looking for advice again.....This is my 12th week on Tibolone 2.5mg tabs, initially I bled on and off for 7 weeks then it stopped for a few weeks now Im bleeding quiet heavily!!

I had my iron levels checked last week as Iv felt very tired and light headed, my ferotin was 26.5 so im now on iron tabs for 3 months.

I have fibroids and a thickened womb....Iv also had a bit of pelvic pain too. Im due to start a new pack of Tibolone this Monday but cant decide to just stop at the end of this pack or keep going with it. Im due to go on holiday next week abroad and Im hoping the bleeding at least lightens 😢

I phoned to get an app with the GP I usually see but shes on holiday so iv booked in with another one for monday just incase my bleeding is still heavy etc.

Thanks for any advice x

Hurdity

Re: Bleeding on Tibolone
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »

Hi renee

Did you have fibroids and thickened womb lining before you started Tibolone and if so what was the thickness? I am surprised at your being given Tibolone or at least without supervision.

From what I remember I think I read that a certain amount of bleeding in the first few months of Tibolone is normal but investigations should be  carried out if it continues, but in your case I would definitely get the bleeding checked because of your fibroids and thickened lining. Hopefully the doc will suggest further investigation to be checked out in case Tibolone is aggravating the fibroids and thickening the lining further.

How long are you on holiday for? Hopefully the doc will be able to treat the bleeding in the meantime if it is continuing and you can be checked out on your return? Also you can ask your doc about whether to start a new pack of Tibolone when you see her on Monday? As all the tablets are the same it doesn;t matter when you stop - if that's what you decide to do.

How long were you post-menopausal before starting the Tibolone?

Hurdity x

renee

Re: Bleeding on Tibolone
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »

Hi Hurdity...thanks for your reply.

I had fibroids and a thickening of the womb years before I started going through meno....I was 45 when i was tested as my periods had changed to being very heavy!

Im 52 this year and hadnt had a period for 10 months prior to my hosp gynae app where I was prescribed Tibolone.

My symptoms were joint pain, vaginal dryness, low mood, day/night sweats, dry eyes, fatigue and hormonal pain in my womb and just down right feeling yuk.

I also have an under active thyroid and complex ptsd....so I dont get alot of days where I dont have anxiety and insomnia. To say Im tired and struggling is an understatement.

I will write a list of questions for my doc for monday...my hosp gynae isnt until another 3 months as im.supposed to try Tibolone for 6 months x