Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hrt clinic  (Read 1101 times)

Aoife

Hrt clinic
« on: August 03, 2017, 11:46:07 PM »

I am desperate to f8nd a hrt clinic. I am  post menopausal and for past year having awful urge and frequency baldder issues. My gps not interested and i have had to di lots of research myself. Spent thousand pounds on private docs and consultants as i want to keep hrt natural and bioidentical. Am on estrogel. Its great  but i cant get doc to support use of testosterone as part of hrt. Worried about taking utrogestan tablets as i d9nt want to have hair loss or acne. Thought about getting coil in. Swore id never use hrt but i am desperate. Please help. Afrais to make love in case it sets bladder off. Gas anyone ever had this problem and will ir go away. Just want to have my life back

Silly

Re: Hrt clinic
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 06:08:08 AM »

Just wondering I found mine at the sexual health clinic in town by googling.  I found them to know a lot more about how things were looking down there alot more than my gp plus they were so lovely as well and had long appointments and wasn't rushed. 

DaisyB

Re: Hrt clinic
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 07:04:59 AM »

:welcomemm:  Hello Aoife. I asked my GP that can make the referral - I'm in NI so not sure how it works on mainland, I'd imagine it's similar.
I read your first post. I have never taken any hormone - even as a contraceptive- but this year my symptoms became so difficult to manage I'd have drunk rat poison if I'd have been told it would ease the suffering ;)  I'm still catching up as I'd been anti-hormone all my life - sonwas cometely clueless when it came to HRT.
I am now a convert  ;D  - have a browse around - use the menu tab and search bar at top if you've not been here before - I searched topics quite a bit when I first joined and found it so helpful and reassuring to know I was not alone.
 :bighug: