Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Peeing 😣  (Read 4649 times)

PompeyLou

Peeing 😣
« on: August 01, 2017, 12:01:29 AM »

Hi
Does anyone else experience stinging in their bladder when it's full.. a bad back when it's full... and constantly peeing!!
I'm trying to sleep and every time I come back from the toilet and lay back down I need to go again :-\  :'(

daisysareyellow

Re: Peeing 😣
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 03:23:55 AM »

Hi
I suffer from Interstitial Cystitis. Please get checked for this if all your tests come back negative.

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 05:29:57 AM »

Firstly infection , then look at PFD pelvic floor dysfunction .....an intravaginal scan may be appropriate also , lots of what ifs and maybes.

There's a new body of scinentists who do not believe in IC , and believe it's an embedded infection in the bladder wall , which is wing looked into I also believe this to be the case , in my non medical opinion . IC is an umbrella term for a painful bladder not a diagnose of cause.

daisysareyellow

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 06:35:30 AM »

I had a cystoscopy and the Hunners Ulcers were present. My case was obvious, but only 10% of sufferers have physical signs.

daisysareyellow

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 06:39:19 AM »

Firstly infection , then look at PFD pelvic floor dysfunction .....an intravaginal scan may be appropriate also , lots of what ifs and maybes.

There's a new body of scinentists who do not believe in IC , and believe it's an embedded infection in the bladder wall , which is wing looked into I also believe this to be the case , in my non medical opinion . IC is an umbrella term for a painful bladder not a diagnose of cause.

I should add that I am paying $124 per month for the drug Elmiron which is only effective against IC. Are you saying you believe IC doesn't exist???? It took 5 years to get my diagnosis and I have the Hunners Ulcers to prove it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry when people doubt IC.

daisysareyellow

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »

Can you name the scientists who do not believe in IC? My brothers are doctors (Associate Professors) and urologists are taught all about IC as part of their speciality. A simple google search would have told you all you need to know.

PompeyLou

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 08:28:47 AM »

I did do a Google search 1st.. the only reason I asked was because I wasn't sure  if it was a menopause symptom or not. :-\

daisysareyellow

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 08:39:56 AM »

I did do a Google search 1st.. the only reason I asked was because I wasn't sure  if it was a menopause symptom or not. :-\

Sorry PompeyLou
That was not directed at you.  I get frustrated when people query an IC diagnosis.  It takes so long to get diagnosed and we go through hell!

Maryjane

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 08:42:39 AM »

Yes there is evidence on the very edge of science re IC and an embedded bio-film infection that burrows deep into the bladder wall , I also come under the heading of IC.

Professor James Malone - Lee I will put up some info later if I can get it onto here , science is always moving forward regards new findings with anything .

Just need to remember Professor Marshall regarding stomach ulcers , always told stress diet , he had to infect himself and prove it was a bacteria that we all now no as h-pylori bacteria , he was as good as shot down by the establishment, I  no many ladies who were told they had dreadful IC some bed bound , it proved to be infection.

We are also prone to UTIs yes as we age , due to lack of oestrogen.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:45:14 AM by Maryjane »

PompeyLou

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »

That's ok.. I'm just very touchy and emotional lately.. take every thing to heart...
My doctors are useless.. I've had to ask for a scan of my womb as I was told when I had my ovaries out that because I was taking Livial I needed my lining checked regularly.. well that was 2 years ago! I've felt so tired lately and now with this stinging and pain I know something is not right... if I had the chance I would sleep all day as I have no energy what's so ever.
By doing a ultra sound of my womb could they tell if there is something wrong with my bladder.

daisysareyellow

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »

Maryjane, Everything you have just said has been proven false. I had every test under the sun including trans vaginal ultrasound and all was negative. I did have Hunners Ulcers in my bladder which is the physical manifestation of IC . Elmiron only treats IC and I had relief after 5 years once I started it. I was tested for all manner of bacteria and it was all negative. Urologists treat IC sufferers all over the world.

daisysareyellow

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »

That's ok.. I'm just very touchy and emotional lately.. take every thing to heart...
My doctors are useless.. I've had to ask for a scan of my womb as I was told when I had my ovaries out that because I was taking Livial I needed my lining checked regularly.. well that was 2 years ago! I've felt so tired lately and now with this stinging and pain I know something is not right... if I had the chance I would sleep all day as I have no energy what's so ever.
By doing a ultra sound of my womb could they tell if there is something wrong with my bladder.

Are you prolapsed at all? This can sometimes affect urinary urge/frequency? I know how it feels to have bladder issues and it wears you down. Can you be refered to a urologist?

PompeyLou

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 09:10:41 AM »

I wouldn't have a clue..i just feel I'm trying to cope and understand this on my own.. doctors haven't got a clue! Husband can't or won't understand!... I've emailed my gynocolagist who I've not heard from in 2 years to see if she can help... but nothing back.

Maryjane

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »

It's really fine , I am going to leave it and not commmet anymore .

Pages: [1] 2