Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Will my periods get heavier  (Read 1337 times)

Tiredandforgetful

Will my periods get heavier
« on: July 29, 2017, 09:44:16 AM »

Hello.

I've been on HRT for a week, prior to this my periods became very light (only lasting a day or so). Will I now get heavier periods on the HRT? Even at my heaviest they only lasted about 4 days, I'm not looking forward to a 7 day monster, where does it all come from?

Taz2

Re: Will my periods get heavier
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:21:51 PM »

You might find they get heavier for the first two to three months and also some women find these first few bleeds painful. This should ease by the third month. It comes from the oestrogen stimulating the womb lining.

Taz x  :)

Tiredandforgetful

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »

Thanks Taz. These are the kind of things it would be good to be told about so we don't worry about it when they happen. I'm just glad I found this site so I can get an understanding of what's "normal".

Is there anything else I should expect/not worry about?

😑

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 09:07:07 AM »

Which HRT are you using?

Taz x

Tiredandforgetful

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:58:45 PM »

I'm on elleste duet. The lower dose. On reading through the forum the patches seem to have the highest praise so I'm wondering whether I should ask to try them? Also, although I've only been on them just over a week, I haven't regained any libido so I'm also wondering whether I should ask for testosterone or if I'm just being impatient.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »

It depends on how old you are as to whether you can be prescribed testosterone on the NHS I think. It's not licensed for use in women in this country but some GP's will prescribe it. HRT has never had any effect on my libido, sadly, but I do think that you would be really lucky to notice any difference within a week. It can take up to three months for tablet HRT to take full effect which is why we are advised to try each one for that length of time.

Taz x