Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: I've asked this before - increasing HRT causing bad temper?  (Read 1923 times)

Joesmum

Has this happened to anyone else.
I'm trying to increase my 50 EVOREL patch to  a 75 EVOREL patch and within days it puts me in a foul temper. Really horrible. I'm truly horrible. Why is this?
I need to increase because I'm getting hot flushes and all the symptoms.
I've never had a bad mood on the 50 EVOREL.
I've stopped the estrogel because it just made me dizzy. Horribly dizzy.

Katia

Re: I've asked this before - increasing HRT causing bad temper?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:36:50 AM »

I find on the days with no utrogestan my and just the gel I'm more irritable and less patient

Optimist

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »

Hi josemum I am on everol sequi (50) and when I tried vagifem I turned into the most vile bitch from hell!! My god everyone suffered! It's not even supposed to enter your system much but I'm really sensitive to meds. I stopped taking it after 4 weeks as the side effects were just not worth it. Strangely though another 5 months down the line and I'm using an extra half a patch of oestrogen (my gp knows this while I'm awaiting my meno clinic appt on 22nd August) and I feel so much better!! Not sure where I can go with it though really as I don't think they don't do a higher dose of everol sequi and I'm getting progesterone side effects. Maybe yours will settle down or could you cut a bit off and go up a bit slower? Good luck.

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 08:32:37 AM »

Some HRT make me really bad tempered I also seem to get acne with these ones to. Xx

peri

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 08:49:46 AM »

Hi Joesmum

I've always found it difficult increasing my dose.  Trying to go from 50 to 75 made me very jittery, conversely the symptoms were almost the same as having too little oestrogen.  The solution I found was to do it very gradually.  I now change my patch every 3 days, + I leave the old one on an extra day.  It's only a small increase I know but it's one my body can cope with x