Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Making friends on the forum  (Read 8683 times)

dulciana

Re: Making friends on the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 05:41:46 PM »

I don't know if this sounds odd but what I appreciate most about this forum is being able to chat generally with ladies who see life in general through menopausal eyes.  I'm not good at talking about symptoms, almost certainly because my Mum always used to steer conversations away from that.  She had cancer but she was more concerned if one of us had a cold than with answering questions about how she was feeling.  She absolutely hated talking about symptoms and that's rubbed off on to me.  I sometimes feel I'm no good on this forum, as I don't tend to ask people how they are, very often and only occasionally talk about physical things.  And I'm very aware that most of what I post is about non-health things, especially one topic  ::)!  I do hope folk don't mind.  It's just that you ladies are such a friendly bunch and we all know what it's like to feel horribly hormonal.  I like this site because it's so understanding, humourous and (where applicable!) light-hearted - which I find is a good menopausal antidote in itself.   

Is that okay?   :-\
Dulciana x

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 06:06:42 PM »

More than ok, Dulciana! You have been a good virtual friend to me and I count you as part of my musical support system. Besides we need someone to play the virtual portable organ to play for when we start singing!

Butterfly22

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 07:34:41 PM »

Sooby I would say it's because of the ME as sometimes it's easier then cancelling all the time.
My partner is my best friend and my daughter.
I have moved around a lot so you do lose touch but friends I've had since I was in my teens are always there if I need them, we don't talk all the time but when we do it's like we only chatted yesterday.
I think with ME you put up walls to protect yourself xx

dulciana

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »

More than ok, Dulciana! You have been a good virtual friend to me and I count you as part of my musical support system. Besides we need someone to play the virtual portable organ to play for when we start singing!

Thank you, Ju Ju - that's really nice to know and I hope your singing is still going well.  And good point about the VPO!   :)

dulciana

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 08:37:04 PM »

.............The people I find I connect with are the ones who have a sense of humour as quite honestly with all the stresses life throws at us I think it's vital to be able to laugh when you can, even if it could be classed as hysteria at times!......S x

Thank Sparkle.  And me too, re. having a sense of humour - it really is important to be able to laugh.....in fact, that reminds me of a day in my final year at school.  I was in an English class, where we were studying some literary classic or other and to bring the chapter to life, we were taking it in turns to read sections of text.   All went well until somebody read their bit out and I was the only one in the class who saw a double meaning in the words, at which point I guffawed audibly from my desk - right in the middle of the room!  The embarrassment when I was told to stay behind and was doled out a detention.  I felt soooooooooo infantile!!   :-[   Yes, I also get on best with folk who can see the funny side of things.  As the thread here says, Laughter is the best medicine!   :) :)

Butterfly22

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 09:03:56 PM »

My mum always says to me least you can still laugh you haven't lost your sense of humour! (Dealing with ME and POF) xxx

dulciana

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »

I bet it did, Sparkle.  Good for you! 

dulciana

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 09:06:42 PM »

My mum always says to me least you can still laugh you haven't lost your sense of humour! (Dealing with ME and POF) xxx

....And I bet it's great therapy, Lil22!

Butterfly22

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »

Defiantly! My partner has me laughing so much sometimes I say don't talk anymore as get a stitch 😂 Xx

dulciana

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 09:19:14 PM »

Defiantly! My partner has me laughing so much sometimes I say don't talk anymore as get a stitch 😂 Xx

That reminds me of when I'd just come out of hospital after having one of my ovaries removed, in 1984.  Hubby and I had only been married just over a year.  It was a really cold night in mid-December.  Hubby (in one of his more eccentric moments!) came to bed in a thick jumper and woolly balaclava and not much else (TMI, I know!)   He looked so funny that I laughed out loud, but unfortunately that felt like someone sticking a fork into my tummy wound!  Ouchhhhhhh!   ;D

Butterfly22

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 09:22:24 PM »

Haha! Im visualising this and it's making me laugh!
Ouch poor you though. Mind nice to look back and ha e that memorie (him) xxx

dulciana

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:21 PM »

Haha! Im visualising this and it's making me laugh!
Ouch poor you though. Mind nice to look back and ha e that memorie (him) xxx

:)  Yes indeed!

dahliagirl

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 09:50:55 PM »

Hi - a late arrival popping in.  I have my Laura Ashley long party dress on.

I have brought a tin of assorted water biscuits, and sophisticated cheese - some Danish Blue, Red Winsor, and smoked cheese in the shape of a sausage  ???

No port, but I have a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream if anyone is game  ;)

Butterfly22

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 06:52:17 AM »

Hi - a late arrival popping in.  I have my Laura Ashley long party dress on.

I have brought a tin of assorted water biscuits, and sophisticated cheese - some Danish Blue, Red Winsor, and smoked cheese in the shape of a sausage  ???

No port, but I have a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream if anyone is game  ;)

I've not had a drink in 9 yrs but what the heck! Bunk up and pour me a large one please 😬Xxx

Ju Ju

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 07:32:08 AM »

I live with a man who reads double meanings into everything I say! I was once a young innocent  :D now I seem to spend life giggling!
Pages: 1 [2] 3