Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello from newbie  (Read 2111 times)

Happytobe

Hello from newbie
« on: July 24, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »

Hi everyone I came across this site accidentally whilst browsing through Facebook. I've been feeling very low recently and would love to be able to put my thoughts down and know someone will read them without judgement.
I'm 56 and probably started this menopause journey slightly later than average in the last 2 years..regular, heavy periods till then. Periods started getting lighter and further apart and a few hot flushes started. Then periods returned last Spring (2016) and hot flushes went away. My hormones said I was post meno and although the longest gap between periods had been 9 weeks an over zealous GP sent me to the post meno bleeding clinic. (She's a good GP so shouldn't complain). Scans and biopsy later said nothing  to worry about. Periods stopped and started again a couple of times. Last one was a month ago just v light spotting. 
I have hot flushes day and night and don't sleep well. The worst though is foggy brain and no energy. I've never felt so tired and energy less.
Last 5 years have been difficult ones coping with the mental health issues of a loved one. I have suffered health anxiety at times in my life too. Recently I feel so low and have no motivation to do anything. ( Although doing nothing isn't an option ). Hate feeling low. I find writing things down helps so thanks for reading. Have found that browsing the site helps me to see I'm not alone in this journey of dark days.

Salad

Re: Hello from newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »

You're definitely not alone here  :)

:welcomemm:

marshytiger

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 03:04:41 AM »

You are definitely not alone but I found knowing other have the same problems help me cope a little better with my feelings.
Hope you find the same comfort I did.  Xx

paisley

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »

You certainly aren't alone in this. I agree with you in that it is good to write things down & on here we all know what you are going through hormonally.  Plus there is lots of advice on different treatment options. Some are on different HRT options & some are on no HRT.

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:34:05 AM »

Hi and welcome your in the right place, I'd never get the help I needed had I not found this site. Xx

DaisyB

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »

Hello and welcome! This forum is such a rich resource for all of us. Check out the green menu button, if you haven't done so already. You are most definitely not alone- you might also find some useful posts on the alternative therapies section. Wishing you well.
DaisyB x

Happytobe

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »

Thanks for your replies and welcome. I will definitely check all of the site. Still finding my way around.

Machair

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »

Welcome to the forum. It is so lovely to have you here. I am another late menopause lady- 57 so in the same boat! Not many of us but we can support each other! My periods have become just spotting as well- panty liner only needed and getting less frequent. Still feel very hormonal though.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:30:21 PM by Machair »

Happytobe

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »

Machar
Good to know there are others who are having late meno. I started my periods at 11 so I feel I've done my time!

Machair

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 03:53:44 PM »

Lovely- so did I- so I feel I have done my time too! I have started a new thread called Late Menopause after 55 so hopefully others will join us!
Do you still feel hormonal and what are your periods like? My last was was hardly noticeable so maybe this is it, but I have had several bouts of PMT like feelings recently. No hot flushes either. Are you just 56 or almost 57?
There are some other ladies on here who are like us so we are not alone but in the minority!

Happytobe

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 10:39:34 PM »

Machar
My periods have been erratic over last 18 months. They got lighter and further apart. Longest gap 9 weeks. Then back to normal then again lighter and further apart. Had a gap of 4 months then a light period then a proper one 4 weeks later. Then another 4 month gap than 5 weeks ago a very light spotting only period. Hopefully that was it ...but after every gap I think that! 
I've been having meno symptoms for this time too....hot flushes which weren't too bad at first now much worse.  They wake me up so I never get quite enough sleep. I have no energy and often little motivation. Getting more headaches now too. Also brain fog which I really don't like. Oh dear sounds a long list !!
I'm 56 and a half ..January birthday.
I'll try and find your Late Menopause thread but I'm still finding my way around things on here.