Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: which type of estrogen  (Read 1700 times)

robotwars

which type of estrogen
« on: July 22, 2017, 04:37:44 PM »

Hi, can I just ask a quick question. What type of estrogen is osteogel, I have been on the femseven patches and I got on well with the estogen in these but I didn't do well with the progesterone phase, so I stopped, just wondering about trying osteogel but wondering if the estrogen is the same or different? Also is the progesterone that you take for two weeks the same or different to the femseven patches.... sorry getting very muddled on what to try next......

MicheleMaBelle

Re: which type of estrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:37:06 PM »

Robot wars, look at the HRT preps on this site ( green tabs )

Most oestrogens are bio-identical. If you take utrogestan for example, this is a bio-identical progesterone that is often taken with oestrogel. The progesterone in femseven is synthetic but quite often better tolerated than other synthetic progesterones, especially those containing norethisterone.

You just need to find a regime that suits- some women tolerate synthetics better than the utrogestan, some women get on famously with utrogestan, some women don't get on at all with any type of progesterone- they then need to consider what their options are. E.g. Longer cycle, cyclical v continuous, stopping HRT . Hit and miss and time consuming I'm afraid - you should seek medical guidance whatever you decide to do. Hope you get something that works for you x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:12:11 PM »

Hi
When you said you didn't get on with the progesterone side, what do you mean? Progesterone gives pmt type of side effects so it's expected for it not to be great.
If the progesterone side was manageable, then you could get the Mirena, same type of progesterone as Femseven, then you could have as much oestrogen as you want. The words of my gynaecologist!
I too would stay away from nohesterine as it can cause very low mood.Have you thought of trying Femostan? This contains a kinder progesterone- its tablets but I found it much gentler than the Mirena Progesterone.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:15:00 PM by MIS71MUM »

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »

It contains the same oestrogen as the patches, it is bio identical and considered the most user friendly.  Utrogestan used vaginally as the progesterone part of the routine for 12 days a month works well for many woman but one does get those that are sensitive to it, it is also bio identical whereas the progestegen in the patches is synthetic and would def come with more unplesant side effects I would imagine.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:19:40 PM by Cassie »

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 06:21:39 PM »

Thanks for your replies.... I'm so confused with what to do at the moment, I have tried a few HRT tablets which just upset my IBS and I felt awful, the femseven patches were the best out of all I tried but the progesterone phase was awful, bad stomachs, low mood, so bad that I just felt like crying all the time.....

I have been on nothing apart from vagifem now since Jan. I can cope with the flushes, but the foggy head is awful and my mood seems to go up and down, periods are all over the place, sometimes I go months in between, other times 2 weeks........ also have aching limbs, just wondering whether to try the oesteogel or not, my doctor seems to be pretty good once you get an appointment, it takes 4 weeks to get in but when I say what I would like to try so far he just writes a prescription......

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 07:39:58 PM »

If the patches worked for you apart from the prog then as well as gel (or instead of) you could use an oestrogen only patch with separate progestogen. There are Femseven patches but also very small ones that I use called Estradot but there are supply issues with this and most of is now only get a month at a time! You would have the same issue of separate prog whether you used patch or gel - ie either Provera or Utrogestan (micronised progesterone).

Yes transdermal HRT is better if you have digestive problems, but perhaps the progestogen part would not affect you in the same way although if you have IBS the variability in absorption can cause problems unless as Cassie says you take it vaginally (Utrogestan).

Hurdity x