Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Considering Mona Lisa Touch  (Read 5658 times)

Ljp

Considering Mona Lisa Touch
« on: July 17, 2017, 07:33:59 AM »

Hi,
I am considering Mona Lisa touch laser treatment for VA. I don't consider my VA as severe as some I have read about on here, but the estring, although helping, doesn't stop the external soreness and burning, and from my understanding, things don't improve, so I feel maybe sooner the better, rather than trying to fix a worse problem in a few years time.

It seems to be a relatively new procedure in the UK, I am aware it is a pay privately treatment, consisting of three treatment initially, spaced 6 weeks apart, and a single treatment yearly to top it up.

All my research and readings thus far, are mostly from ladies in the US. I know anaryjane has been undergoing treatment, but has anyone else here tried it? Or made any enquiries?

ancient runner

Re: Considering Mona Lisa Touch
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »

Hello LJP
I've thought about it as like you I have a particular problem with VA including bladder symptoms which is not quite under control and I fear it will get worse. But I haven't done anything beyond thinking about it.

Eviepf

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:37:41 AM »

Another one here who has thought about it. My symptoms are definitely bladder/urethra related, though, so I don't think I'm the target audience for MLT. I've read contradicting things online about this - some drs saying it definitely isn't indicated for bladder issues, but others saying that some of their patients who've been treated with it for vaginal dryness have also had bladder improvement. Very confusing.......

If my symptoms were vaginal/vulval in nature, I think I'd go for it. As it is, it's a lot of money to fork out if it really isn't going to help me.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 12:04:27 PM »

I have thought about it but not investigated it apart from reading MJ story

I'm sitting here at work with a sore doodah, as it's not always convenient to use the ovestin at bedtime, if you get my drift

The vagifem has cured my UTIs

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »

I have thought about it too, I don't know much about it apart from what Mary Jane has to report. Is it a permanent cure?  And does it solve all problems?  There are lots of questions.

Annie/ Eviepf  - I really feel for you as I am going through an iffy time myself, atm 

A good thread Ljp let's hope it answers some of our questions

💜💜Ss x
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:15:47 PM by Sweetscarlett »

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »

Well I had pain free sex on Saturday 🤗👍😊 will probably have two more sessions TBH , its in women's own this week where a lady is back on track sex wise after MLT.

I still need local estring / estriol  oestrogen, but what's it's done is allow the uptake of oestrogen much better to do its job better.

It's alot of money £1,500 however .....Miss Amanda Tozer who did mine , is lovely has done about 70 and is a very far price compared to alot of the others. The machine costs a lot of money.

I am happy to chat on the phone to anyone who is seriously considering it.

It has helped some bladder patients , I am afraid there are no guarantees as with any procedure, but my skin looks much healthier, and internamy women's health physio said she wouldn't no it was the same vagina , very supple and slide and glide.

I no of a lady  who's all symptoms went after one treatment , I no of another where it has made no difference. So she only paid £500.00 with Miss T as I recommended her.

Please be aware it's a lifetime of treatments, 3/5 as a starter and then one zap every one to two years for life.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:42:43 PM by Maryjane »

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »

Just to add I am NOT mended but in a better place, pain free sex is a near miracle .

BTW I have been asked to do a VA video , which I have said yes to .

Ljp

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 01:16:48 PM »

Bladder frequency and urgency were my first menopausal symptoms, from my understabding, if the bladder issues are related to VA, then the MLT can help.
I take vesicare which has helped my frequency and urgency, I am currently trying to reduce it to one tablet every other night, as not happy to be on them really, and want to see if the HRT and estring will be enough now it's in my system.

It seems that MLT is only available in a London or Kent at present.

jessieblue

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »

Following this thread as really interested in the procedure.  I have some bladder symptoms too as well as soreness and utis and thrush issues.  My dr said it should help the bladder issues, but im interested to hear that its not indicated.....would it make bladder issues worse at all?  That is something I would not want to mess with.

dazned

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »

Please may I have a giggle ,I read your post maryjane as you had pain free sex (really great to hear treatments are helping ) ...but then read the next bit as though you'd had a lovely :bed: so you were going to have two more sessions of  :bed: ;)......however maybe that's what you did mean !! Anyway glad you are finding improvement all round great news.

Maryjane

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 07:59:28 PM »

😜 two more sessions of MLT. Not that recovered for a marathon 🤣

dazned

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 08:03:03 PM »

I did realise that was what you meant  ;)

But on a first quick read    :D :D. Made me smile anyway!

Ljp

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »

I had a Facebook chat with MLT rep in UK, she mentioned there is a hospital in Sevenoaks that offer MLT and are currently charging £350 a session as it's a new procedure for them.
She also said in London it can be as much as £1950 for 3 treatments 😳

I dont think it would aggravate and bladder issue, and if it's a sensitive Urethra, and frequency caused by lack of oestrogen and VA then from my understanding it can potentially help

Maryjane

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 06:27:42 AM »

£350.00 that's a good price ( still crazy for 3 mins zapping but anyway ) I wonder if that's my gynae as she is based in Kent and is about to get TMLT.

I used a London one re travel , and wanted someone who had done a few , my gynae recommended who I go to.

Remember the London lot are generally in Harley Street and there rates are astronomic.

I am most definitely not Harley Street wealth at all ( or style of dress / no make up ) bit desperate.

Ljp

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 07:37:47 AM »

Harley street, nor me Mary!
Although the MLT rep did recommend a Harley street gynae from an experience and results point of view