Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feeling contunally hungry  (Read 5803 times)

Mbrown001

Re: Feeling contunally hungry
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 06:56:57 PM »

Very probably. It's a case of balanced. But whatever you do cut down on all that sugar. Even just one teaspoonful in your cuppa to start with.

Not just overweight people are in danger of developing diabetes.

Maryjane

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 06:58:54 PM »

I add either fresh lemon / ginger / lime / mint to my water .

On waking have a pint of warm fresh grated ginger / or a half fresh lemon . Very good for getting the gut " juices" flowing , and has knocked my refux on the head. This is an hour before breakfast.

Have three meals a day and no snacking and don't get hungry , and walk 4 miles after breakfast, as I have protein at every meal. Sugar really is the enemy for our bodies, feel so much better with absolutely no refined sugar in my diet , my chocolate hit is natural yogurt with a teaspoon of cocoa powder in it , or a piece of 90% dark chocolate, I was a chocolate holic but went cold turkey, no cakes , biscuits , crisps etc , and feel very well . 

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 07:34:16 PM »

I am not overweight and am reasonably fit but I am borderline for pre diabetes due to a strong family history (level of 40, cut off point is 42).  I have been advised to severely limit sugar in my diet or to even follow a diabetic diet to try and put off the inevitable (or even maybe prevent it).  Our diets do not need sugar in them (although hubby does like a slice of home made cake or a dessert, bless him).

However if I succumb, as often happens on a family occasion or event, I feel constantly hungry the next day as my body struggles to process the sugar

zelda

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »

I add either fresh lemon / ginger / lime / mint to my water .

On waking have a pint of warm fresh grated ginger / or a half fresh lemon . Very good for getting the gut " juices" flowing , and has knocked my refux on the head. This is an hour before breakfast.

Have three meals a day and no snacking and don't get hungry , and walk 4 miles after breakfast, as I have protein at every meal. Sugar really is the enemy for our bodies, feel so much better with absolutely no refined sugar in my diet , my chocolate hit is natural yogurt with a teaspoon of cocoa powder in it , or a piece of 90% dark chocolate, I was a chocolate holic but went cold turkey, no cakes , biscuits , crisps etc , and feel very well .

I agree with you on protein, can you give examples of what you have I am always stuck for ideas.

Scampi

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

Definitely add more protein to your diet and reduce the sugar. 

Protein keeps hunger at bay by causing the release of hormones that stop us feeling hungry (make us feel satiated) - that hormonally induced feeling lasts longer than the physical feeling of being full. 

Maryjane

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 06:38:34 PM »

Zelda I basically eat the Mediterranean way ( no pasta / bread shop bought ) make our own organic bread rolls no bloat as no chemicals.

No meat gone off it completely as has hubby, eat fish , lots of pulses different types as they all offer different things , olive oil , eggs , chia seeds / pumpkin seeds / linseed seeds : almonds all ground into porridge with blueberries , whole pear with natural yogurt, homemade roll butter / honey and will be adding egg to breakfast also.

Love my meals now , and so do my guts all reflux gone.

Mbrown001

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 07:27:29 PM »

I'm finding any meat increasingly difficult to digest.
If hubby and I fancy a steak I buy one small one and cut it in half. We are both more than satisfied with that. We are increasingly eating more fish and chicken. So much easier on the tummy I find.
I love beans and pulses and seeds. Unfortunately they just don't like me. I get so bloated after chick peas or kidney beans.
When I make Spag Bol or Chilli these days I'm inclined to use Quorn mince. My DD is not a big meat eater so I've  always got that in the freezer. By the time you put in the spices you really can't taste the difference at all.

The way we eat has changed such a lot recently.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 10:00:34 PM »

I haven't been able to eat kidney beans for over 35 years ......... and loved chille con carne  :-\.  Cauliflower is out as it really gives me a lot of wind pain and I love that too; either with cheese over and baked under the grill or as a hot veg.. 

Well for 2 days I've not felt as hungry.  I had a meat-based pizza one lunch time and a steak the next evening although if I eat too much red meat in a week my bowel feels 'slow' and heavy.  I don't like fish much  ::) unless it's baked with lots of black pepper and lemon juice over it.

No Coke 2day  ;)

Cazikins

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »

How are you feeling CLKD, it sounds like things are improving.?

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »

Tnx so much 4 asking.  For 3 days I've not had the 'hunger' "feed me now" feelings.  I've cut back on the bottles of coke and have upped my intake of fresh fruits: white currants : lots of peas straight from the pods ......... lots of dried fruits and nuts ....... plus proper grub!

watch this space ....... it'll be mince with veg/ginger/garlic stirred into hot pasta ......

Cazikins

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 03:47:54 PM »

Well done on keeping it up & glad to hear things are getting better.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 03:59:31 PM »

:thankyou:

Claireylou

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 04:23:07 PM »

Glad things seem to be improving for you CLKD  :)

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 04:31:38 PM »

I always feel worse when I don't eat properly  :(

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »

Yep.

It isn't easy and it's almost as if, when I don't eat properly for a few days, that 'fill me up now' feeling persists once I fancy food.  I need to take myself in hand  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3