Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: converting  (Read 1198 times)

Katia

converting
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »

Does anyone know roughly how to convert estradiol into ethyl estradiol?  I'm trying to get a rough comparison of how 3 or 4 pumps of gel would compare to 30mg ethyl estradiol.  The same with utrogestan to gestodene in Femodene.  Is the utrogestan a higher dose of progesterone?  I feel like I was more balanced on Femodene than on the gel/utro combo and I have a fine rash, which i tend to get when my hormones are not balanced.  I know it can't be converted exactly, so I'm only looking for a rough conversion.

Hurdity

Re: converting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »

Katia

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:35:54 PM »

I saw this too Hurdity, but still wasn't any clearer in figuring it out. All pills are low dose, so I can't imagine there is much difference in the estrogen. The progestergens are probably higher in the pill, which seems strange that so many of us have trouble with the progesterone/progestergens in HRT. Makes me wonder if it's the balance

Katia

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »

Which one is the mini pill?  This is a US site. I think they have more choices than we have in the UK.  I thought the mini pill didn't have enough for HRT?  Strange that the combined pill must have so much more progesterone than the mini pill as I believe it has too much for HRT. Maybe I read something that was incorrect. My GP seems to think the HRT is stronger than the pill.  I thought he was mistaken, now I'm not sure