Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I am desperate...need advice!  (Read 1562 times)

angilee

I am desperate...need advice!
« on: July 13, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »

Hi Ladies, I am at my wits end TODAY! This lack of sleep is getting beyond a joke, I feel so bad today I am shaking! asleep for an hour or so, then up to the loo and sweating. This goes on all night and cannot take much more of it...feel sick with tiredness today. If you can share anything that might help I would be grateful...tried all the usual herbal tablets etc. Not on HRT.  :'(

Annie0710

Re: I am desperate...need advice!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:05:53 PM »

Only hrt to my knowledge will ease the sweating, it could aid sleep too but I take a phenergan tablet on the nights I need a good sleep, available from chemists

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:49 PM »

What else is happening in your Life on a daily basis?  How is your diet overall, are you hydrated enough?  If the body requires liquids it will need to pee more because the kidneys work over time.

The body can wake if it's hungry.  Lack of sleep is the pits  >:(.  I often wake to see if I've been asleep  ::)

Herbals may work until the hormones take over ....... have you read the threads in the Alternative Room? 

Go to your GP and ask for a sleeping tablet, discuss your symptoms: perhaps keep a diary? : see if HRT is suggested then do a search on here to see how other ladies have coped?

If you can , sleep in the day.  When my body is tired, I can't fight it!

angilee

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your reply, I guess I am not the only one here with this problem. Thank you for your support.

angilee

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:31:59 PM »

Hi CLKD, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Maybe there are a few things I need to address, arthritis pain is one of them, however I never get pain in bed. Not dehydrated at all. It seems whatever time I go to bed the pattern is just the same...sleep for a while, wake up...etc.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 03:34:42 PM »

Did I say keep a diary?  You may see a pattern.  Lack of sleep is a form of torture and when one suffers, it is obvious why. 

If you explain to your GP the impact lack of sleep is having and ask for something to give you a break.  Sometimes that's what it takes in order to get back into a sleep routine. 

Cortisol can cause anxiety surges as we wake.  What do you do when you wake, lay and worry about getting back to sleep?  I used relaxation therapy that is, stretching the muscle groups up the whole of the body: stretch the toes, wait, relax ...... followed by calves, thighs, knees etc.; followed by slowing my breathing ........ also, if I drop off in the evenings on the sofa Himself knows not to wake me even at bed time ;-).  I have been known to sleep through to the early hours and wake, refreshed, usually for a pee  ::)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:38:40 PM by CLKD »

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 03:41:28 PM »

Hi Ladies, I am at my wits end TODAY! This lack of sleep is getting beyond a joke, I feel so bad today I am shaking! asleep for an hour or so, then up to the loo and sweating. This goes on all night and cannot take much more of it...feel sick with tiredness today. If you can share anything that might help I would be grateful...tried all the usual herbal tablets etc. Not on HRT.  :'(

Hi angilee

Please do not suffer! There is help if you need it. Do tell us where you are in menopause, how long since last period etc and hopefully we can advise? As Annie0710 says herbal remedies don't work and only HRT will really relieve your sweats - and is the recommended first line of treatment for menopausal symptoms. Have you considered this possibility - or perhaps there is a medical reason why you are unable to take it? Do ask us anything you need advice about.

Hurdity x