Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Position of patch  (Read 1336 times)

Zara69

Position of patch
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:10:55 PM »

I know patches mustn't be stuck near boobs due to oestrogen heading there.  As my bladder plays me up do you think I would get more of a hormone hit if I put a patch on my tummy (over my bladder)?  Or is that rubbish and it doesn't work like that?🤔  I usually stick them on my hip.  What do you think?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Position of patch
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:21:46 PM »

Hip or buttock?

Why does your bladder play you up?  Have you read the threads on Vaginal Atrophy (you probably said already but putty brain
can't remember  :(::)

Zara69

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:52 PM »

Hip or buttock - I stick it both...yep I've read it all and am struggling to get systemic and topical oestrogen prescribed...so I was wondering if more would go to that area...based on the fact that patches shouldn't go near boobs.  I suppose I should just try it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:27 PM »

I would speak with a Pharmacist and ask the question.  I don't think the patch would work thus, however  ::) and yep, I remember your other threads now .......... [putty melted a bit perhaps  :D ]

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »

I don't think it would make any difference - I find the butt cheeks the best place as covered by nix and doesn't get rubbed off. As long as you are consistent re application site - then your levels will be consistent. If you are having bladder problems then you might also benefit from local oestrogen which can improve bladder symptoms as well as plumping up vaginal tissues.

Hurdity x