Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dr Currie, will my GP take notice?  (Read 5481 times)

Ljp

Dr Currie, will my GP take notice?
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:15:45 AM »

Hi,
I am considering emailing Dr Currrie for advice regarding my external VA symptoms, I use oestrogel and the estring and have Mirena coil, but despite all that I'm still having external VA problems of soreness, tiny splits around clitoris, and ****ly irritation.

I have asked my GP for estriole cream for external use, she said she was have to check with other Dr's if its safe to use both.

I phoned to ask if she had the information over a week later. She called back and said still waiting, but consensus of opinion was its not a good idea, too much oestrogen, so I feel abandoned to moisturisers and vagisil which although relieve things a bit, it's not actually improving things much.

Does anyone know if Dr Currie would write to my GP? Or if a letter from Dr Currie would carry any weight in altering my GP's decision?
Many thanks, it's driving my crazy and I am feeling fobbed off and unhelped
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:01:01 AM by Ljp »

Maryjane

Re: Dr Currie, will my GP take notice?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:31:13 AM »

This is so 😡😡😡need a real VA campaign, because TBH it was brushed over at the talk I went to IMO and others.

No one realise when you have VA like we do , how it affects your day to day life and mental health.

I have a letter stating that I can use oestrogel , estring , and ovestin  cream from a top gynae what is going on at grass routes , I don't no.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:36:36 AM by Maryjane »

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:43:22 AM »

And did your GP take notice of the letter?
Would Dr Currie give me a letter do you think?

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 07:49:51 AM »

Yes my GP is absolutely fine , she has been on a menopause course and said the amount in the cream is so small , plus she said it's quality of life.

Re Dr Curries I don't no ?

My GP alllowed me all these things without a gynaes approval anyway , as she knew I would have done my research and I went to gynae as I wanted further knowledge/ time re my vaginal moans, which my GP totally understands and agrees with. 😊

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »

I use Vagifem but also need estriol cream externally for the parts the vagifem does not reach.  Keeps things on an even keel.  Quality of life is essential at this time of life.

Ljp

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »

Thank you baby Jane that's what I'm trying to get my DR. to understand, but she is reluctant to prescribe as she says estriol is a different oestrogen to estradiole, and too much oestrogen locally if I use both, I might only need a little bit occasionally! I could cry right now, it's so frustrating, she hasn't got back to me to say what she has found out, if anything, I tried saying lots of ladies on here use both, but as a professional she has to take advice from professionals. In the mean time I
feel left to suffer in silence 😢

Ljp

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »

Where can I buy estriole cream? Anyone be know? I'm seriously thinking of by passing my GP, just need some reliable relief!

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »

I'm not sure you can.  think it is prescription only in this country anyway.

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 10:08:49 AM »

There is an online clinic in Harley street that I've used, they send your gp updates on what they've prescribed

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 10:38:44 AM »

It's crazy because at the touch of a button you can get HRT , fly to Spain on a cheap return flight and just buy from a chemist no prescription.

Also spainish women I believe live longer than us , diet , sun and probably DIY HRT. 🤗

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »

Write to the Practice Manager and ask for copies of Papers/Research that shows that the amount of localised oestrogen you require is dangerous.  Explain that your GP appears worried by your requst despite your having discussed the whys and where-fores on here and that you are not prepared to suffer - for me it was like razor blades up there, you can ask the Practice Manager if she had those symptoms where would she go for treatment.

Also have a chat with a Pharmacist in your Chemist and ask the same question: explain that your GP refuses to prescribe what you think is necessary and could he/she provide you with Papers/Research that state the amount is dangerous.

Ljp

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »

Thank you shorty x

CKLD I don't want to make a fuss or cause any issue at my surgery, been at the same practice for 26 years, unfortunately my lovely female GP retired last year, she would have prescriptions bed both I'm sure as she knew how much research I do, and also how cautious I am too.
I now have another female GP, very pleasant and been fine with my repeat prescriptions of oestrogel, estring and  vesicare, only since the external soreness has started have I had this problem that she won't prescribe some estriole cream for external use, and 10 days ago I was told she was waiting for advice

Maryjane

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »

Shortie just had a look , even the estring .

LJP I would definitely be making a noise.

Zara69

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »

Totalonlineprescriptions ...short questionnaire to complete 2 tubes of ovestin cream were about £30.   They don't inform your GP they just suggest that you do....I didn't x

Ljp

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »

Maryjane yes the Oxford pharmacy online sell the products, but prescription only.
Pages: [1] 2 3