Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: No further forward and ill every day!  (Read 2151 times)

Mazza27

No further forward and ill every day!
« on: July 07, 2017, 07:05:28 PM »

Hi ladies,

Back on after not posting for a while as had many tests and ops to rule things out.
I am no further forward on my journey and find it is consuming my life.
My pains had been getting me done with worry while waiting for lap and ended up off work for 4 weeks and ruined my holiday....I have tinnitus also so with the anxiety this is heavily exasperated.
I have had MRI all clear hearing test that has shown that my tinnitus is from noise damage from younger years but nothing to worry about.

Lap has been done and they have found nothing everything looks good, I asked them to put coil in to help with my periods and pms, this has been in two weeks and feel awful at the moment, don't know if from coil or that my period is due.
Everyday I feel ill, night sweats poor sleeping, anxiety every now and again very low mood.

Thankfully the lap has rested my mind and Tony mander thinks I have severe pmt which I get and understand.

I have started black cohosh (gp won't give me hrt) and I have been  taking magnesium/b vits/fish oil and evening primrose for around 4 weeks now

I have just gone back to work but have no interest in anything, not even a glass of wine 😱

I have read all John Stubbs information and I feel that hrt patch low dose may help me?
What do you think ladies?

Other than that I think hysterectomy is my only other option I can't carry on like this

Mazza

Peacegirl

Re: No further forward and ill every day!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »

Im so sorry to hear your having it so hard. I don't have any useful knowledge or insights on your particular situation as mine is different but hopefully some else will be along soon.  What I tell myself when I'm desperate (and there have been a few times) is 'this too will pass' ok so it may take a while to pass but you probably won't feel like this forever.

Im amazed how for me it helps and doesn't help both at the same time when the tests show nothing up. You're not on your own, everyone here understands and cares.

Hope you get some peace soon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 08:27:06 PM »

Let us know if the Black Cohash works, however, I don't think that it is recommended for long term use .

Tinnitus can be a nuisance or worse, have you contacted the appropriate UK support group? (sorry you may have said already but I'm putty brained tonight)

Mazza27

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:41:07 PM »

Hi CKLD,

No but have started CBT, I know the tinnitus is from the perimenopause as only started 7 months ago and gets worse when I heating up.

Yes I have heard the same with the black cohosh but I am desperate to try oestrogen patch as I think it will help me.
If the bc doesn't work I'm going to go to Tony mander and see if he will prescribe me low dose

Mazza x

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »

Why won't your GP give you HRT.

I don't understand that at all.

Mazza27

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 08:59:59 PM »

Hi mbrown,

She thinks stroke risk, I get headaches but only since perimenopause and my dad has vascular dementia.
She has had 4 people die early from stroke in her surgery so it's a personal thing.

Awful for me though

Mazza

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »

Change your GP?  Or send an e-mail to Dr Currie on here for advice which you can take to your GP?  Also, speak with a Pharmacist in your area for  independent advice, most have private rooms these days.