Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tibolone withdrawal anyone?  (Read 1836 times)

Pollyanna

Tibolone withdrawal anyone?
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:23:57 PM »

It's only just over a week for me but I really don't think I can bear the side effects of Tibolone.     

I am so bloated, body and face.   I have no energy whatsoever and I feel ancient. 

I went to the gym today and then met a girlfriend for a drink afterwards.   After only one small glass of wine, I felt totally drunk and she even told me that I looked shattered. I really did feel like I was on drugs. 

Now I am wondering how many days I have to go cold turkey (to get the progesterone out of my system?), before I go back on to my Estrodot patches.

The friend I met this evening is 44, and is only just starting to experience what she feels to be 'peri'.    It's only been a year since we last saw one another (and I trust her), but she did say I didn't seem to be myself. 

Those of  you who have gone back to estradot from Tibolone.   How long did you wait until you went back on patches? 

I find myself wanting my energy back.

warwick01

Re: Tibolone withdrawal anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »

Hi Pollyanna

No need to wait...... stick one on today. It will probably take a few days to feel some benefit.

Wxx

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »

I went from Tib to oestrogel the day after I took the Tib, no point hanging about with the changeover

peri

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »

I was the same on tibilone Pollyanna.  It came out of my system immediately I stopped taking it, and I felt better within 24 hours of sticking a patch back on x

Pollyanna

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »

Thanks so much for the feedback.

I feel as if I want to go 'cold turkey' for a few days to see how I feel.   

For some reason, my eye are sore today too.   I really do think that this is progesterone.  I had exactly the same reaction with the Bio-identical stuff a year ago.