Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: spotting after 13mths  (Read 1404 times)

elainewin

spotting after 13mths
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »

Hello everyone not been here for a while , I have started spotting after 13mths off no periods at all , and feel very weak and heavy headed .is this a normal thing to happen as really worried .

Elizabethrose

Re: spotting after 13mths
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:22:01 PM »

Hi elaine, I often think of you and wonder how you're getting along!

The official guide is that any bleeding after 12 months without should be investigated and if I were you I would therefore go to the doc and get it checked out. Better safe than sorry!

However, it's a fine line really, 11 months, 12 months, 13 months, none of us are the same, we've all of us experienced peri differently. It's probably a rogue follicle that had tucked itself away and that has been stimulated by the high FSH or it could just be an anovulatory bleed clearing the endometrium after the normal hormonal activity following the final menstrual bleed. Personally I wouldn't be worried but I would still get it checked out!

Hope you are well aside from this blip, maybe you should join us back on the mucus and staining thread, we're still all yapping away!!  ;)

Sending you all good wishes xx

elainewin

Re: spotting after 13mths
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 04:30:51 PM »

Thanks for your reply ,this forum helped me so much on the lead up to menopause, things have been really good in this last 12mths ,but i have noticed that round about once a month I feel tired and weak,I put this down to maybe my body still thinking it was period time so I just got on with life and things normally passed within a few days and back to normal,but never any spotting , yes I will go Drs tom as you said better safe than sorry, I will def keep on chat and hopefully pass on my experiences to help others .X