Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Estrogen Cream........a very personal question?!?  (Read 3114 times)

nicolcarrie70

Vaginal Estrogen Cream........a very personal question?!?
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:30:19 AM »

Sorry to ask such a personal question but I'm having problems with the following and wondering if it's normal??
When I use Ovestin or Estriol Cream I notice that it doesn't seem to sink in to the internal vaginal flesh/walls!  I have recently done a 14 day reload and every time I insert the daily dose the cream is still there from the previous day.
Very little seems to have absorbed (stays the same in terms of consistency and doesn't seem to have melted) so I manually remove before inserting a new dose.
I would really welcome any input!

Maryjane

Re: Vaginal Estrogen Cream........a very personal question?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »

I'm afraid vagbial atrophy can make the walls so dry that for some they don't absorb it.

Have you considered the " estring " personally much better for me and those that have trouble with other forms of local oestrogen.

I am also in the process of having a treatment called " The Mona Lisa Touch " and thus far is looking promising, however very expensive.

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 08:39:59 AM »

Maryjane,
I've been reading your ML posts with great interest!  It's something I'm considering; the only negative is that some have said that it didn't help with 'frequent urination' only the VA!?!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »

Maybe ask to try Vagifem pessaries, they stick to the vaginal wall.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 11:28:16 AM »

Would using another preparation help this lady MJ? during the day ........ to keep the whole area as moist as possible? 

Nicol - do you insert at night when laying down?  That way it is less likely to drain away and may help absorption  :-\

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 12:04:12 PM »

Tinkerbell - unfortunately Vagifem irritates me, I did persevere with it but the irritation never eased off so changed to the cream preparation.

CLKD - Just to clarify; it never drains away or falls out (as some have previously mentioned) but just stays in the vagina and doesn't seem to be absorbed.  It could be that this is normal!  But if I don't take it out before I insert the dose it builds up too much!!

Ljp

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 01:08:18 PM »

Hi Nicole,
When I used estriole cream, I had the same thing happen, it would also leak out a bit the day after using.
It did the job of relieving my symptoms though, I see it that the cream is the carrier for the oestrogen and that the oestrogen is absorbed even if the cream isn't, I think the cream helps with general moisturising of the area, which is helpful.
I wouldn't remove it before using another dose, your body will sort it out 😊

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 07:12:42 PM »

I agree - it sounds like the fillers are staying there but hopefully the oestrogen is being absorbed as it is designed to do. The main thing is - are you noticing an improvement in your symptoms? If so then it's doing its job!

Hurdity x