Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nervous newby  (Read 5033 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nervous newby
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 10:09:53 PM »

:thankyou:  Mary G - was it on here that I read not to cuddle babies or cats if one uses certain preparations on the skin or did I dream that as well  ::)

Jenna

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 07:34:51 AM »

:thankyou:  Mary G - was it on here that I read not to cuddle babies or cats if one uses certain preparations on the skin or did I dream that as well  ::)

Here you are CLKD :

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29985.msg477762.html#msg477762

Sackville1234

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 08:41:45 AM »

hi-im new to this forum,not sure if I'm in the right'bit' of it ! I'm on the gel pump,100 mg utrogestan -started 8 months ago ,mainly for anxiety and recurrent UTI.im 60 .i was going along ok [ish] but keep having a few tearful days,it feels awful -dont care about anything ,no joy in anything i normally would love doing ....went back to docs,fully expecting Ads to given,but he has reduced my gel to one pump instead of two.i haven't had a period for ten years -is it odd to be on hrt?why the weird tearful days-then feel ok ? thanks for any help

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »

Hi Sackville and welcome

You should introduce yourself in a new post in the New Members section then your question will be seen easier by everyone x

Mary G

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »

CLKD, the simple solution for those who have cats/babies would be to only use Oestrogel on their inner, upper thighs - very good for any VA problems too. 

That said, I have never worried about transfer and my 16 year old dog and partner have never had any problems.  Obviously I wash my hands thoroughly after applying the gel and don't touch anything or anybody until it is bone dry but that takes no more than 2 minutes. 

Sackville1234, are you taking 100mg Utrogestan everyday?  If so, that could be why you are having mood problems and reducing the oestrogel dose will not help at all.  If you can be more specific about your dosage it would be easier to work out what is going wrong.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 02:42:38 PM »

Sackville - get the bladder problems sorted with localised Vagifem or Ovestin  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »

CLKD why not ask for 20mg tablets of Propranolol, save having to cut them in half.  Mind you I cut a 10mg in half - 5mg in morning and 5mg in evening, I love it, it's just enough to take the edge off the surges and keep my BP nicely stable. Being an older drug it is well tried and tested  :)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 06:43:03 PM »

Because BJ if I need to go up for a while, I don't have to run to the GP  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]