Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hormonal crash after hysterectomy  (Read 3115 times)

Julation

Hormonal crash after hysterectomy
« on: June 17, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »

Hello I have a question for hyster ladies: I got my uterus and ovaries removed in July 2016 at 41 (severe endometriosis) and was left with Estrogel without any follow up.  Because of lack of information, I stopped it in April and had MAJOR hormonal crash.  My last estradiol blood work showed 10.  This is close to brain death in my opinion. In May I found a great doctor who accepted to help me and started me on Estradot .25 and Prometrium 100mg.  I am a very complicated case as I am long time migraineur and hormones are a big trigger.  But I just can't function at all without estradiol.  This hormonal crash has brought me to hell.  I am sure those who had hyster knows what I am talking about.   :'(

So my question is: after hormonal crash, how long does it take to come back to "normal"?  I know it can take a while but I need to read your stories.  For me, the worst symptoms are dizziness, ear ringing, nausea, digestive problems, anxiety, lack of energy and sleep.  I am another case of collateral damage of inappropriate surgery (had a healthy ovary, they could have left it there) and bad follow up....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:46:44 PM by Julation »

Rhiner

Re: Hormonal crash after hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:56:54 PM »

Hi Julation, I had ovary removal and no HRT. I crashed after a few days oestrodiol level was zero.  It took around 3 weeks after starting HRT to start to sleep again and about a month for foggy head to go.  It took a few weeks later for feeling low to peter out. I had to change HRT after 8 weeks though, as got bad headaches, probably due to synthetic prog. Took about another month to settle on oestrodot patches and utrogestan.  Very gradually my mood lifted, this did take a while longer.

Be patient and you will get there.

Julation

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate.  I slept 8 hours last night, that did not happened to me in weeks.  I will stick to my hrt regimen and continue to hope I will improve.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 12:37:54 PM »

In the meantime, browse round, make notes.  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly so will take a while to absorb HRT until it kind of levels out, then 1 may require a hike in dosage for a while.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:57:37 PM by CLKD »

cubagirl

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »

Took me 3/4 weeks before I was feeling benefits. Some people take less, some more.

Hope you feel better soon.

Julation

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 01:36:27 PM »

Can I ask you ladies what is your patch dosage?  I feel like .25 is probably not enough for me but because of migraines I can't increase too fast.

Rhiner

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 06:21:11 PM »

Hi again Julation, I am on 75mcg oestrodot, I am post meno. Tried 50 and was still feeling faint on this, 75 did the trick for me, but we are all different. My oestrogen level is still only 115p/mol/litre on this which is OK for post meno and I feel great on this level. We all absorb differently. 25mcg does seem a little low, but appreciate that you may have to increase slowly due to your migraines.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 07:41:55 AM »

Hi Julation

Yes you will definitely need more than 25 mcg - as Rhiner says this is a tiny dose especially for someone of your age and in your position. You can get Estradot as 37.5 mcg and 50 mcg and by combining you can slowly increase. Also having to take the progesterone continuously ( presumably because of your endometriosis) could be adding to your problems viz the dizziness, nausea and digestive problems. Anxiety could either be due to low oestrogen or the effect of the progesterone. Once you have managed to increase your oestrogen dose hopefully the beneficial effects will become more dominant?

Do you know that you have deposits due to endometriosis in your body that requires you to take progesterone? I only ask because one woman on here in your position was found to be OK so was able to stop it - not sure how this was done though?

Hurdity x

Julation

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »

Thank you all for your support, you all have great questions and comments.

As for P, I was given Prometrium only until october, the time I increase Estradiol slowly.  She wants me to stop it afterwards, when I will be stabilized. She told me that P has great calming proprieties and that I would get advantages taking it.  But I do know that it P does not help estradot right now. 

For endo, I have the feeling they got rid of everything.  I never had any other pain after my surgery.  Its the only thing good about all this...