Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: To anyone who changes patch every 3 1/2 days rather than 3rd & 4th day  (Read 7527 times)

Zara69

I usually change my patch (evorel sequi) Sunday morning and Wednesday morning.  I think I notice the effects wear off during the 4 day stint.  If I do 3.5 days when is the best time to change it? Wednesday lunch time or evening? 🤔  Anyone help? I can't think straight!

Hurdity

Hi Zara69

I really don't think it's crucial down to the hour exactly! I change mine on Friday morning when I get dressed and Monday eve just before bed ( so just now!). If you change one time in the morning do the other at bedtime - otherwise you could be out anywhere and have to do it! Good luck!!

Hurdity x

Zara69

Haha! Thank you Hurdity! See...I need this forum! I would be out during the day, I wonder when these patches are going to give me common sense?! Thanks again x

Hurdity

Soon soon Zara :)

Hurdity x

Salad

I know exactly what you mean Zara69, I also changed mine every 3.5 days (think I'm a bit OCD) and took a while to think it through  ;D
I did mine Sunday night/Thursday morning.
I felt it took a while for the new patch to start working and Thursday was a rough day so my GP suggested putting the new patch on at night and to peel the old one off the following morning- so now I'm Sunday and Wednesday nights.

Dana

Due to the estradot patches being in short supply for a while I decided to see if I could ration mine and found that I only had to change it once a week. I've been doing it since the end of last year with no problems at all.

Bane

Agree with zara you don't exactly have to switch down exact hours. I switch mine on Sundays night to begin a lively week and on Wednesday night and peel the old one off the following morning

Zara69

Thanks ladies!

matildamouse

Quote from: Dana link=topic =36210.msg580667#msg580667 date=1497330792
Due to the estradot patches being in short supply for a while I decided to see if I could ration mine and found that I only had to change it once a week. I've been doing it since the end of last year with no problems at all.

After reading your earlier post on this issue Dana, I change them now every 5 days as it is easy to remember eg. 5, 10, 15 et. I also had no problems... In fact I think my flushes are actually better controlled which is weird...  ???

Dana

That's great to hear Matilda. I told my GP about it a couple of months ago and she thought it was a great idea and was going to suggest it to some other patients. It's not something that will suit everyone, but why change a patch if you don't need to? I'm tempted to see just how long I can make a patch last, but it's easy to remember every Wednesday afternoon so why make it harder for myself..lol.

Hurdity

Re keeping the patch on - I have this weird notion that if I take the patch off and don't clean off the residue - then some of the adhesive is still stuck to my skin and therefore continues to release a small amount of oestrogen. This is probably complete bunkum though as I doubt it has been studies at all!

Hurdity x

Hurdity

That's great to hear Matilda. I told my GP about it a couple of months ago and she thought it was a great idea and was going to suggest it to some other patients. It's not something that will suit everyone, but why change a patch if you don't need to? I'm tempted to see just how long I can make a patch last, but it's easy to remember every Wednesday afternoon so why make it harder for myself..lol.

Yes interesting Dana - in fact the patches contain way more oestrogen than is said to be absorbed so we are probably throwing away quite a but each time. In fact it is probably a better way of reducing dose ( if you want to do so) - instead of getting the next dose down - especially as you say - they are in short supply. My pharmacy is only giving me one month's supply at a time now. :(

Hurdity x

Dana

Yes my GP mentioned that I may be getting less estrogen, but I'm not sure if that would be correct because if my levels were up and down depending on whether the patch was new or old surely I would feel that?

Anyway at some point I do want to try to reduce my dose so I'm not sure if I will keep to my weekly schedule or revert to the twice weekly schedule. Too much to think about right now.  ;)

Tempest

I really would have liked to have tried estradot again this time as I tirate slowly upwards, but the supply issue has thrown a spanner in the works.

I'm going to have to cut 50mcg Evorel instead. Does anyone have any clue how I can get the backing off once they are cut without handling the sticky side too much, please? xxxxx

Kathleen

Hello ladies.

When I was using Evorel patches and fiddling around with the dose I  cut the patch in half and then peeled the back off, saving the other half for later.   I also had a go at reducing the size of the whole patch by laying a piece of cardboard over it and trimming round it.  Perhaps other members have different techniques?

Take care all.

K.
Pages: [1] 2