Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can Utrogestan make my bladder worse, amongst other things? Help!  (Read 1454 times)

TinaOptimist

I've started HRT this month and have used Estradot 50mg patches with no problems. Yesterday I took the 2 Utrogestan tablets orally as I can't tolerate them vaginally. I use Ovestin to tackle a sensitive bladder and it works really well. However, after taking the Utrogestan tablets last night I was very hot in the night, have had flushed cheeks all day, my nipples hurt a bit and my bladder has felt like it's under pressure and my wee urge has returned? Any advice please? What can I do to improve things?

Hurdity

Re: Can Utrogestan make my bladder worse, amongst other things? Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 09:50:35 PM »

I use Utrogestan vaginally and it always affects my bladder ie increasing need to pee in the night and generally. Not sure why the overheating? What regime are you on - cyclical I presume, and perimenopausal? Breast tenderness often occurs with progesterone.

Sorry I can't help with any advice but hope your symptoms settle soon.

Hurdity x

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 05:27:54 AM »

Yes by day 5 of 10 my bladder is really not happy at all , it's why I may consider the mirena , to not have such a hit , but the mirena also worried me as although 90% love it , I seem to be the 10% in everything.🙄

TinaOptimist

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 05:55:01 AM »

Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately I am also in the burning club and your other group Maryjane and so the bladder provlem is too much for me to tolerate. It isn't just a mild need to do a wee, it's a torment. Do you think Provera would be the same? I would really like to stay on HRT for benefits to vaginal health.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:17:32 AM »

The synthetic progestogens are taken in smaller doses than progesterone so it is possible they won't have the same effect on the bladder (although I have no idea) - so maybe worth a try? Hopefully someone else will be along who takes Provera and can comment?

Hurdity x